Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

British Army RE Electrical Qualifications and Vetassess

British Army RE Electrical Qualifications and Vetassess

Old Feb 28th 2013, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

nathan.781 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Army RE Electrical Qualifications and Vetassess

Hi.

I'm new to this forum, as a member, but I have read a few posts on here over the past few months.
I was just wondering whether qualifications gained in the Army would be accepted as part of the permanent residency/Skilled 189 visa application and whether anyone knows of this happening in the past?

The points test shows:
I'm 33, but will be 34 at the time of application: 25 points
I'm British, so language ability: 20 points
Skilled employment: 5 points
Educational quals: ???

Does this necessarily have to be NVQ 3?

I'm confused :/

Any of your wonderful help would be appreciated.

- Nathan
Old Feb 28th 2013, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire but aiming for distant shores....
Reaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British Army RE Electrical Qualifications and Vetassess

Hey Nathan, welcome to the forums.

Im ex REME, got an GNVQ level 3 in Marine Maintenance, and I dont think it carries any weight. You would be assessed as an Engineering Technician by TRA I believe. Maybe not you want to hear, but if your experience is recent, it might be worth you doing a Masters degree to push your points up. The potential increase in salary could be worth the time you invest.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 10:37 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Army RE Electrical Qualifications and Vetassess

Originally Posted by nathan.781
Hi.

I'm new to this forum, as a member, but I have read a few posts on here over the past few months.
I was just wondering whether qualifications gained in the Army would be accepted as part of the permanent residency/Skilled 189 visa application and whether anyone knows of this happening in the past?

The points test shows:
I'm 33, but will be 34 at the time of application: 25 points
I'm British, so language ability: 20 points
Skilled employment: 5 points
Educational quals: ???

Does this necessarily have to be NVQ 3?

I'm confused :/

Any of your wonderful help would be appreciated.

- Nathan
Hi Nathan,

What qualifications do you have? Do you have or can you get a really clear summary of what your training and experience involved?

As for English points - if you want to get 20 points, you will need to take the IELTS test and score band 8 in all 4 tests. A british passport is accepted as proof of english language ability but would not get you any points.