Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

ARTC Unsuccessful - what now?

ARTC Unsuccessful - what now?

Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice
Default ARTC Unsuccessful - what now?

Hey. We got a letter back today saying ARTC unsuccessful, we hadn't provided enough evidence. They're going to get in touch to conduct a technical interview (theory and practical). Does anyone know what this will entail?

We're not in Aus yet, we'd used a relatives address to apply so I'm unsure how they'll proceed.

I've emailed them to say our arrival delayed due to house sale, and we'll be there in Nov to do the PEER course.

Any info from anyone that was in a similar position - be very grateful.

We supplied everything we did for TRA, our migration agent sent everything to us and told us to send off with the extra stuff we needed (copy visa etc), so confused why it hasn't passed through ok. In fact, absolutely gutted. There's enough stress moving out there without this added factor too.

Any help would be appreciated. Can they do a preliminary telephone interview? Can I send more bumff? Will the amount of paperwork ever reduce? Any clues on the types of questions asked would be great.

Thanks

KAREN
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC Unsuccessful - what now?

Originally Posted by Darren_Karen
Hey. We got a letter back today saying ARTC unsuccessful, we hadn't provided enough evidence. They're going to get in touch to conduct a technical interview (theory and practical). Does anyone know what this will entail?

We're not in Aus yet, we'd used a relatives address to apply so I'm unsure how they'll proceed.

I've emailed them to say our arrival delayed due to house sale, and we'll be there in Nov to do the PEER course.

We supplied everything we did for TRA, our migration agent sent everything to us and told us to send off with the extra stuff we needed (copy visa etc), so confused why it hasn't passed through ok. In fact, absolutely gutted. There's enough stress moving out there without this added factor too.

Any help would be appreciated. Can they do a preliminary telephone interview? Can I send more bumff? Will the amount of paperwork ever reduce? Any clues on the types of questions asked would be great.

Thanks

KAREN
Bloody hell Karen, gutted for you. We've just sent ours off from the UK and done basically what you have but just put a more up to date reference in it. Will be watching this one patiently.. i'm crappin it now... will wait and see should know in about 2-3 weeks. how long did yours take to arriving and recieving decision in Oz???

S-j xxx (sorry)
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:01 am
On Our Way in Nov!

kbdb is an unknown quantity at this point

can't remember the date we sent off, but we got an acknowledgement letter after 2 weeks, then decision too another couple of weeks. I emailed them yesterday and they tried calling last night (our time) but hubby phone switched off. They emailed to say they'd called to conduct the interview (so at least we don't have to wait til we're there then, i hope!). so hopefully they'll call again tonight and I'll update you on what was asked etc.

Good luck with yours,

Karen
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Bloody hell Karen, gutted for you. We've just sent ours off from the UK and done basically what you have but just put a more up to date reference in it. Will be watching this one patiently.. i'm crappin it now... will wait and see should know in about 2-3 weeks. how long did yours take to arriving and recieving decision in Oz???

S-j xxx (sorry)
got this back from ARTC to my mates in Oz.

it says...... Application for australian recognised trade certificate

Thank you for your recent application to be considered for an australian recognise dtrade certificate

TRA may need to contact you during the process to interview you or request that you undertake a trade test. If required a trade test incurs a fee of $270.

Your application will now be processed in order of its receipt. To ensure your personal information is accurate, please advise this office if any of the following is incorrect:

looks like the acknowledgment? anyone get this? S-j x

calmed the nerves a bit. x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren_Karen

Thanks

KAREN
I know in the Tradesmans regs, it does state that they have the power to insist on an interview or test (can't remember the exact wording) if they feel it's needed. Here's a post by someone who had to do one http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451937

Good luck with it

got this back from ARTC to my mates in Oz.

it says...... Application for australian recognised trade certificate

Thank you for your recent application to be considered for an australian recognise dtrade certificate

TRA may need to contact you during the process to interview you or request that you undertake a trade test. If required a trade test incurs a fee of $270.

Your application will now be processed in order of its receipt. To ensure your personal information is accurate, please advise this office if any of the following is incorrect:

looks like the acknowledgment? anyone get this? S-j x

calmed the nerves a bit. x
Yes, that's an acknowledgment
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wendy
I know in the Tradesmans regs, it does state that they have the power to insist on an interview or test (can't remember the exact wording) if they feel it's needed. Here's a post by someone who had to do one http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451937

Good luck with it

Yes, that's an acknowledgment

Hi ya Wendy, not spoke to you in ages.. We leave in a 5wks and 4 days !!

Still waiting for ARTC result... does anyone pass this without doing a phone interview or practical... Simon not looking forward to phone interview as is worried they might catch him off guard,, i keep tellin him to imagine they are on the loo havin a poo!!

should've heard before friday, nerves are back now..

S-j x
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya Wendy, not spoke to you in ages.. We leave in a 5wks and 4 days !!

Still waiting for ARTC result... does anyone pass this without doing a phone interview or practical... Simon not looking forward to phone interview as is worried they might catch him off guard,, i keep tellin him to imagine they are on the loo havin a poo!!

should've heard before friday, nerves are back now..

S-j x

Wow! you'll be here soon

My OH never had a test or interview, so it's not a given that he will get one. Don't worry about it until it happens
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Darren_Karen;

you can always send in a cover letter to add to your application, however this time make sure you add everything in & i mean every tool you have ever used any materials used (example) Pyro, SWA, conduits steel & PVC steel tray, types of dist board sub boards 1 x phase & 3 phase.
when you list the tools make sure you put pen to paper explaining what tools you have used if only the once list them also what you used them for, make it look like a VC (Resume here) the more info you give them the better chance you will have DONT expect the people to know what you have done in the past or what tools are, consider this most people doing your application have no idea what a conduit bender is or a Megger is used for, so the more info the better, also make sure you get all documents signed & dated with a magistrate or police officer again making copies of all documents, if you dont have them signed the paper is worthless and they will be returned to you right away.

You are entitled to add information to your application, make sure it all reads OK.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:03 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Darren_Karen;

you can always send in a cover letter to add to your application, however this time make sure you add everything in & i mean every tool you have ever used any materials used (example) Pyro, SWA, conduits steel & PVC steel tray, types of dist board sub boards 1 x phase & 3 phase.
when you list the tools make sure you put pen to paper explaining what tools you have used if only the once list them also what you used them for, make it look like a VC (Resume here) the more info you give them the better chance you will have DONT expect the people to know what you have done in the past or what tools are, consider this most people doing your application have no idea what a conduit bender is or a Megger is used for, so the more info the better, also make sure you get all documents signed & dated with a magistrate or police officer again making copies of all documents, if you dont have them signed the paper is worthless and they will be returned to you right away.

You are entitled to add information to your application, make sure it all reads OK.
i added several piccies of me connecting up a 300a sub board and fitting some 450mm tray
whats in that song, a picture paints a thousand words
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o,

i saw your pic's mate im sure the board was pissed.???

arthur (Joking mate)
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

WE PASSED ARTC!!! didnt here anything so rang them last night and they are a bit behind, Good news though........

PHEW............... a very happy S-j and Si x

Last edited by s-jmelbournewannabe; Oct 22nd 2007 at 2:29 pm. Reason: oops
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice

Hello there

Well, thought we'd give an update. After Darren failing the telephone interview because of the motors section, we've now received a letter. He has to undertake a test, theory and practical. No other details at this stage other than he has to pay $270 within 21 days or else that's the end of that, and they'll assume he's not proceeding!

Once they've received payment they'll tell us what happens next - has anyone been in this situation and knows what happens next??

Really wishing we'd have waited til after the PEER course now and not taken this so lightly. Its putting so much stress on the situation, that's its ruining the joy of finally getting to migrate.

We fly next week, so will probably hear from them once we're over there.

By the way, anyone Adelaide way fancy a meet, please drop me a PM and we'll contact you when we're over the jetlag!

KAREN
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

WE PASSED ARTC!!! didnt here anything so rang them last night and they are a bit behind, Good news though........

PHEW............... a very happy S-j and Si x
Well done mate,
Got any tips / info / examples for s about to embark on this journey?

Cheers
Tim (just up the road in shiney Sheff!)
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen sorry about that, wondered what was happening. i feel rather insensitive now.... was just excited i guess

We just got as ready as possible, luckily read a thread on a few q's the ARTC asked in a telephone interview and Steve'o passed on a very useful link for the motors bit. Si read it and it came back to him... I'd just get as much read up done as poss and get the books when new regs released if dont have them already...
Dont really know what else to suggest, need someone who's done it i think.. try a new thread on it.. ???

Good luck anyhow and well done on getting this far, have a good journey.

S-j x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

S-j - dont be crazy. Of course you should get excited and celebrate getting your ARTC - that's what I hope we'll be doing later rather than sooner!

We've learnt a valuable lesson from this, and I'm sure we'll get there in the end eventually - even if it has cost more money, time, stress....

Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.