ARTC References Question

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

bkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nice
Default ARTC References Question

I'm trying to fill in the ARTC form:curse:. I'm writing my own references and will get each one signed by previous and present employers on letter headed paper. The company I served my time with no longer exists but was owned by my uncle. The question is, will a reference from him without official letter headed paper from the company be ok, or will I just write a stat dec about it?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future
Default Re: ARTC References Question

If it were me, i would write a stat dec on behalf of your uncle explaining that he had you as an apprentice, put you through college etc and his company no longer trades and then get him to sign. But i would also do my own stat dec to cover things as well.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

i did a stat dec for the company i served my time at. they closed in 2001. make sure it is quite detailed and covers each year of apprenticeship. what you learned, responsibilities, jobs you did etc. mine ended up a bloody essay!
didnt get anyone but solicitor to sign it.
lee.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

bkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nice

Cheers lads, this might be a stupid question but it's my understanding that in order to apply for an ARTC, you need to have an Australian address and state what date you arrived in Australia. I have the address of relatives I'm going to use but don't you have to put your address on the stat dec? How can I write my UK address on a stat dec (don't want to tells lies on that) but put down an Australian address for my ARTC application? They'll know i'm not in Australia yet if I do that! Does it matter?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

macb03 is just really nicemacb03 is just really nicemacb03 is just really nicemacb03 is just really nicemacb03 is just really nicemacb03 is just really nicemacb03 is just really nicemacb03 is just really nice

I have worked offshore for a number of years and the companies i have worked for do not give out written references. How do i get round this problem
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

I believe that you have to inform them which visa you had when you entered the country, it has to be one which allows you residency.

Regards

Kevin
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by bkelly
Cheers lads, this might be a stupid question but it's my understanding that in order to apply for an ARTC, you need to have an Australian address and state what date you arrived in Australia. I have the address of relatives I'm going to use but don't you have to put your address on the stat dec? How can I write my UK address on a stat dec (don't want to tells lies on that) but put down an Australian address for my ARTC application? They'll know i'm not in Australia yet if I do that! Does it matter?
you dont have to physically be in the country to apply for artc. just have proof of residency (or entitlement to residency) ie the visa stamp in your passport. i have left my home address on stat declaration and provided friends address on form. i think i put the date as the date of visa grant.

lee.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

Section 3 of the form asks for the date in which you entered the country.

Regards

Kevin
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello All,

Section 3 of the form asks for the date in which you entered the country.

Regards

Kevin
i cant remember if i left it blank or put visa grant date on it. i will email tra and ask the question. if you have already been assessed by tra (as i was) as part of visa application you can even do the application before the visa has been granted: (copy of email from myself and tra)

Hello.
My migration agent has informed me that it is possible to apply for an artc certificate while waiting for my visa to be finalised? (Please see attached quote at the bottom of this email.

Is this the case?

Thanks very much for your help.
Lee O’Brien.

Dear Lee,

In your case, you can make an application for an ARTC from overseas without your Australian visa. Because you have had a previous pre-migration skills assessment, your first application for an ARTC is at no cost.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

have sent email asking about date for Q3 if you are still overseas and about using a friend/relatives address for posting cert to.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

i applied for my ARTC from the UK and i dont even have my visa yet, i spoke to them on monday and was informed i was successful in my application and they will hold the certificate until i have proof of visa (to show working rights). I left the date of entry blank but put an Oz address on the form.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris Ball
i applied for my ARTC from the UK and i dont even have my visa yet, i spoke to them on monday and was informed i was successful in my application and they will hold the certificate until i have proof of visa (to show working rights). I left the date of entry blank but put an Oz address on the form.
got email back from TRA. it says:

Dear Lee,
Please provide us an approximate date of arrival into Australia.

You may provide either an Australian or overseas address. Please note that an ARTC cannot be sent to an overseas address due to internal policy.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

Regards,

but like chris i am sure i left it blank.

lee.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Just found an old e-mail from the ARTC,

Dear Chris,

You can make an application for an ARTC from overseas should you wish. Because you have been previously assessed with TRA, you do not have to evidence you visa in the application. But please be advised that if your are successful for an ARTC, it will only be issued to you once you arrive in Australia with an appropriate visa which allows you to work.

I trust this assists.

Regards,

Shuvo Alam
Domestic Business Operations
Trades Recognition Australia
Australian Government
Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
[email protected] | +61 3 9954 2822 | www.workplace.gov.au/TRA
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris Ball
Just found an old e-mail from the ARTC,

Dear Chris,

You can make an application for an ARTC from overseas should you wish. Because you have been previously assessed with TRA, you do not have to evidence you visa in the application. But please be advised that if your are successful for an ARTC, it will only be issued to you once you arrive in Australia with an appropriate visa which allows you to work.

I trust this assists.

Regards,

Shuvo Alam
Domestic Business Operations
Trades Recognition Australia
Australian Government
Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
[email protected] | +61 3 9954 2822 | www.workplace.gov.au/TRA
I haven't been assessed by TRA because my wife is the main visa applicant as a nurse. Does that mean I have to be in Australia or just have my visa and apply from UK?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bkelly
I haven't been assessed by TRA because my wife is the main visa applicant as a nurse. Does that mean I have to be in Australia or just have my visa and apply from UK?
you can still apply. all that would be different is you would have to pay the $300 application fee that is waived if you were previously assessed by them. i would think you can still apply from uk and either get a result of outcome sent to you or get cert sent to a friend / relative in oz. the form doesnt ask what type of visa you have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.