ARTC application

Old May 7th 2009, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

russelljohnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ARTC application

Hello there everyone. Great site, impressive the amount of help people are willing to give.
Im in the middle of this dreaded ARTC application and have stopped at part 10. "in your own words explain the work you have done relevant to your occupation"
How do you go about answering that one? Especially they ask how often you did each task and for how long? Are they looking for hours or months?
The rest of the application is all done but any help on this would be mucho mucho appreciated
Old May 8th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC application

russelljohnson;

if you P/M i can tell you exactly how to set it all out mate
Old May 16th 2009, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Bretty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Arthur

I have just joined this site (dont quite know how it works yet) but would also appreciate your advice on how to set up an ARTC application. I was assessed as electrician special class by the TRA for my visa application and need to do the ARTC as electrical fitter.
Thanks
Old May 16th 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Bretty;

If you do the ARTC as electrical fitter that may be very limiting, in some states you may not be allowed the dreaded A class license also in some states you may only be allowed to work on Panel wiring NO 230v or 415v gear at all.

what type of work are you performing now
Old May 16th 2009, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Arthur

Thanks for your reply. I am working in a brewery as an electrical tech, the usual breakdown stuff, PLC's and instrumentation. Dont do too many installation jobs. I will be moving to Adelaide so will be doing the wirings regs through PEER in order to get an A class licence from the OCBA. Is the ARTC set out the same as the assessment for the visa application or do they want more info? Can I use the same declarations etc I used for the assessment?
Old May 16th 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bretty;

you can do the PEER course no probs even though you may have the electrical fitters cert so what your OK for the exams.
im not to sure what your actually asking mate.

Once you have your ARTC thats all you need on the ARTC it should say electrical mechanic or fitter or general electrician.either one your entitled to sit the exams at PEER.

let me know
Old May 17th 2009, 12:03 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Bretty , where are you now ?? and where abouts you headin in Adalaide ??

Dougie
Old May 17th 2009, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Arthur

I dont have the ARTC yet, I am busy preparing to apply for it so that when I get my visa I can send it all off. Just wanted advice on how to fill it in. Do I need give them more information than for the TRA assessment I did before my visa application went in or can I just use the same information again in order to get my ARTC? Thanks.

Dougie

I am still in UK. Planning to move over later in the year (hopefully). Have friends in Birkenhead that are going to put me up when I get there.
Old May 17th 2009, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Bretty;

right mate now i can see what you need to do.

you shall have to provide lots of info for the cabbages at the migration dept.

i shall cut & paste something ive been working on this morning for people on here.

did you get the info i sent for PEER.

(Ready Mate)

General Information for Students requiring Information about the A class Electrical License

When making your application for migration to Australia you may want to consider how you do this process the type of certificate you shall be offered shall depend upon the information you supply in your Application for migration to Australia.

I would be listing all work performed the type of work you have done over XX amount of years also list all materials you have used things like Conduits, PVC, Galvanised, Black enamel conduit. Tray work Ladder racks SWA, Pyro & the rest.

List all different types of cables all sizes & there applications.
List all project hardware like stop starts, motors lighting, power installations, emergency lighting & power feeds, lifts & more, add the lot.

List every tool you have ever used even if only used once you must list them all.
When you do the application you must have all documents signed & dated then the documents become a legal document make lots of copies make sure all is correct or the application shall be returned to you with little info stating why or what the problem may be from the migration dept.

People who have been steered down the Vatessess route & people with General Electrician this can cause massive problems in other states, some states require what’s called Gap training this means you must work on-site for 12 months keeping a log book of all work completed on a continual basis without any breaks in the work time of the 12 months.
you won’t get a A class license until you have done this logbook you only get a restricted license meaning you’re not allowed to work on your own.??? Who is going to employ a person who must have all work checked on a daily basis.
Problems are for people keeping the 12 month logbook

lower pay
work checked continually
if you have a gap in the 12 months your buggered.
What may happen if the 12 month period for the logbook has a gap due to the person Not being able to obtain work.
To date the answers is they start again. However in reality that’s never going to happen.

You can only have a restricted license for a limited number of years then that’s your lot.

if it was me i would be making a separate CV make it all look like your done heaps of Contract work, Commercial, Domestic. that way it shows you have been working on a mixture of 230v & 415V applications & projects over a number of years.

If you make it look like the above you should then be awarded the Electrical Mechanics TRA or ARTC.
You may be expected to attend a trade test these days in the UK.

If you don't provide enough evidence they may steer you down the vatessess route & that's a nightmare for people when you get here.

i shall send you a P/M with my home email address i have some very good info for you from the main bloke at PEER only last Thursday afternoon.

Art