applying for ARTC

Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

whiddy is on a distinguished road
Default applying for ARTC

Hi,
Sorry if this is an old question but....
We have our visa, which is sponsored and skilled, I did the skilled bit and Steve's (hubby) family side did the sponsored bit. So now we have our visa, both of us can work in any job.
Steve is an electrician and because I did the skilled part of the visa he has not had his skills assessed by TRA.
Last year while he did his reckie he was told he could apply for ARTC 4 weeks before we leave the UK and he was given the forms by a trades recognition consultant in Adelaide.
So far so good except went on various websites for advice (because not sure if he is classed as self employed (runs his own limited company) or employed for all the relevant info they require at ARTC), and ended up downloading forms for TRA, Pre-migration skills assessment application form?
Now confused, does he have to fill in TRA or can he go straight onto the ARTC stage?
Help.
Michelle and Steve
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:55 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: applying for ARTC

Originally Posted by whiddy
Hi,
Sorry if this is an old question but....
We have our visa, which is sponsored and skilled, I did the skilled bit and Steve's (hubby) family side did the sponsored bit. So now we have our visa, both of us can work in any job.
Steve is an electrician and because I did the skilled part of the visa he has not had his skills assessed by TRA.
Last year while he did his reckie he was told he could apply for ARTC 4 weeks before we leave the UK and he was given the forms by a trades recognition consultant in Adelaide.
So far so good except went on various websites for advice (because not sure if he is classed as self employed (runs his own limited company) or employed for all the relevant info they require at ARTC), and ended up downloading forms for TRA, Pre-migration skills assessment application form?
Now confused, does he have to fill in TRA or can he go straight onto the ARTC stage?
Help.
Michelle and Steve
Hi you guys, im slightly similar. Iv not had to fill in a TRA as im going with the girlfriend who's been given sponsership as a nurse. I would say you just need to apply for the ARTC aplication form and do that side of things. Iv popped the link for you to get the form below. Click on no.2 and send them an email to request a application form.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

I leave for oz in just under 3 weeks and sent it to them 2 weeks back, its getting processed as we speak. There is plenty of info on here about what you need to put in your application just have a look through the other threads and there are plenty of people on here to help.

Stu
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

stuart 65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stu:0
Hi you guys, im slightly similar. Iv not had to fill in a TRA as im going with the girlfriend who's been given sponsership as a nurse. I would say you just need to apply for the ARTC aplication form and do that side of things. Iv popped the link for you to get the form below. Click on no.2 and send them an email to request a application form.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

I leave for oz in just under 3 weeks and sent it to them 2 weeks back, its getting processed as we speak. There is plenty of info on here about what you need to put in your application just have a look through the other threads and there are plenty of people on here to help.

Stu
Hello
First post on forum.
Ive applied for artc about 2 weeks ago and wanted to know how long the form takes to arrive
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

How quick is the postie?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

The ARTC took about 8 weeks to come, apparently there was backlog.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:45 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thrud
The ARTC took about 8 weeks to come, apparently there was backlog.
Thats a fair while for the application! Dont know if this may help anyone sending there application off but i sent my application off on the 22nd of May, got a letter saying they were processing my application on the 5th of June and by the 8th of June i had the result. Dont know if i hit perfect timing but i thought it was a good turn around!

Stu
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a fair while for the application! Dont know if this may help anyone sending there application off but i sent my application off on the 22nd of May, got a letter saying they were processing my application on the 5th of June and by the 8th of June i had the result. Dont know if i hit perfect timing but i thought it was a good turn around!

Stu
hi stu hows it going up there mate ???
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:59 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi stu hows it going up there mate ???
Well where do i start mate!!

Lets just say its been an eye opener! But it is great getting all the testing done in half an hour! And nobody told me id be spending the day in a trench sticking orange pipe together! Have they not heard of S.W.A!
Appart from that its all good mate really enjoying it. Starting the licence process in the next couple of weeks. Cant wait

Stu
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:32 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Well where do i start mate!!

Lets just say its been an eye opener! But it is great getting all the testing done in half an hour! And nobody told me id be spending the day in a trench sticking orange pipe together! Have they not heard of S.W.A!
Appart from that its all good mate really enjoying it. Starting the licence process in the next couple of weeks. Cant wait

Stu
come on stu. you never mentioned the earth rod!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:45 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by youngy73
come on stu. you never mentioned the earth rod!
Hey i did say where do i start! Im just looking forward to doing my first switch board and getting the blow lamp out!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:57 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey i did say where do i start! Im just looking forward to doing my first switch board and getting the blow lamp out!!!!
good times. youll have to borrow mine until you get one. tradelink sells them.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:06 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by youngy73
good times. youll have to borrow mine until you get one. tradelink sells them.
Wel have to do a bit of a tool shop in the next couple of weeks! Stock up on gas!