Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

After Vetassess / Off shore training record

After Vetassess / Off shore training record

Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Exclamation Re: After Vetassess / Off shore training record

Hey all

Right i have been in Perth WA just over a week now and this is what i have found out.

I applied for grading with WA licensing authority before i left the uk and they agreed to issues a restricted licence upon gaining employment here, it cost $37 for assessment and will cost about the same to actually apply for it when working.

In WA you will need to take an ETL course which is the course needed to transfer your UK skills to OZ ones, this can only be done at swan tafe balga campus and one other (mind blank now) it costs $187.70 and it a ten week course, two nights a week, 4 hours each night. Book from the UK aswell, there next course is february and they fill up fast (12 places each term,four terms a year) mine starts in october and will let you know how it goes.

You will need two books for the course, wiring regs and cable calculation one, they are about $150 each but i have a cunning way of getting them, so pm me and i will tell, dont want to get my self in trouble on here

To work on any construction site you will need a "blue card" which is similar to a safety passport in the UK.

This can be done online and from the UK it takes about 4 hours and cost approx $110 pm for details as i am unsure if i can post website address's on here??

Thats all i can think of right now but if you have any questions just ask

good luck

doc
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all
Default Re: After Vetassess / Off shore training record

thanks doc will pm you
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

Thanks for the info Doc.

Think we'll try and sort on our validation trip at beginning of year but we're heading to Melbourne so I'm sure it'll be different still.

Becky
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Well done Doc, good research for us all!!

Go out any enjoy - oh, actually, you'll be back by now - or will you???

Mel
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Doc

Thanks for the info.

How are you finding it generally??

Keep us posted!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

WXGIRL is on a distinguished road

Hi Doc

Thank you so much for the information.........it is a great help! .....Its great that you are keeping us all informed over here

We only placed our final lodgement 2 weeks ago.......but I am sure if you don't mind we will be sending you a pm in the future

Thanks again

Sue & Keith
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

misterfranki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Doc

How does the WA licencing route compare to the South Australia route suggested by SteveO? Other than the fact that you are in Perth, which would make the journey to Adelaide every day quite tiresome.

I am hoping to head to PERTH but want to take the easiest road to getting much coveted "A" licence.

Your views on each route would be appreciated.
Cheers
Craig
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by misterfranki
Hey Doc

How does the WA licencing route compare to the South Australia route suggested by SteveO? Other than the fact that you are in Perth, which would make the journey to Adelaide every day quite tiresome.

I am hoping to head to PERTH but want to take the easiest road to getting much coveted "A" licence.

Your views on each route would be appreciated.
Cheers
Craig
there are plenty of information here on BE so have a sift through

at the top of these threads there are some perm links with information on routes to licencing.

have a read through and come back if you have any queries!

as for the perth route it seems staright forward here

good luck

doc
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Hey doc, how's it going? Still the popular British single guy?

Mel
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by melbert
Hey doc, how's it going? Still the popular British single guy?

Mel
ha, oh yes!

yep its going well now, working for western power out in the bush and its all right, we stop when i rains?!?!

not meeting many oz girls, they all seem to be kiwi's or brits!

doc
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by docgp
ha, oh yes!

yep its going well now, working for western power out in the bush and its all right, we stop when i rains?!?!

not meeting many oz girls, they all seem to be kiwi's or brits!

doc

Glad you've found work - found many spiders or snakes?
It's not raining too much there is it? Where are you based now?

Brits or kiwi's? Typical eh!!!

Mel
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

well done doc for finding work, out in the bush lots of spiders and snakes oh my, I am sure the weather must be better than here though - heating has officially been switched on today
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Hey Doc,

Just wanted to add our congratulations to you on finding work!

Well is it everything you thought it would be?

Take care of yourself

Carl & Ang
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

ok guys and gals,

time for an update!!

Ok, after you enrole at college you start your course, twice a week six till ten tuesdays and thursdays, you get taught all the things you love, DC and AC theory, how to wire lights and fuse boards and how to test! i kid you not, they really do take you back to basics,

its a bit of a piss take but you have to do it! you also have to do an assignment basically planning a domestic job working out maximum demands and volt drops in circuits etc, not to difficult tbh.

And then there is a practical to do which involve, vetasses all over again!!! but ozzie style

so dont think you have got away with vetassess just yet!

anywho, if you have any questions feel free to reply, oh i have my exams in three weeks if your wondering

take care till next time

doc x
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

hi, sounds like its a ball ache! cudnt you just go and do the PEER course in SA? ive just got to Brisbane im lookin 4 work in the nxt couple of weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.