Advice on ARTC please.

Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Andi-t- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on ARTC please.

Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate any help on the following matter.

I have recently applied for my australian visa and went down the state sponsorship and TRA assessment route, TRA assessed me as an electrical engineering technician. I have had my medicals and police checks carried out and i'm just waiting on the final results.

The question I have is I will now need to apply for an ARTC to TRA ( is this correct? ), if this is correct will i just resend what i have already sent to TRA as the ARTC form looks exactly the same, also i have an aunt who is living in australia, will i be able to use her address as the ARTC asks that you live in Australia.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as i would really love to get this sorted before I actually get over there and it's all driving me mad.

Thanks in advance

Andy.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice
Default Re: Advice on ARTC please.

Hi if you did the TRA then when passed you get the ARTC.

They dont issue the certs to overseas applicants though just a letter. Once you arrive in Aus and have an address you can then get them to send your ARTC cert to you at your Aus address.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by minty01
Hi if you did the TRA then when passed you get the ARTC.

They dont issue the certs to overseas applicants though just a letter. Once you arrive in Aus and have an address you can then get them to send your ARTC cert to you at your Aus address.

Hope this helps.
Hi Minty,
Andy is in a different position to most of us Sparks in that he was assessed as an Electrical Engineering Tech. and because of this his skills would not be assessed by VETASSESS but by the TRA for migration purposes.
Bizarre as it sounds, they would not issue an ARTC at this point, just a positive skills assessment for migration purposes. He will now have to apply to the TRA again for an ARTC ,albeit that he won't have to pay the $300 fee because he has previously been assessed by the TRA.
I've actually just read a post by someone who received a positive skills assessment from the TRA for migration purposes and was then turned down for an ARTC when they applied to the TRA for one. Mad eh?
Why they just don't grant an ARTC after granting a positive skills assessment is beyond me but it is the way it is.
And while your about, I just received an email back from the TRA about applying for an ARTC from the UK. The response was similar to the last enquiry I made to them. They just re-iterate stuff from their FAQ's "You can apply for an ARTC if you are an eligible Australian resident blah, blah, blah ". They didn't say No, so my application is being submitted on Monday.
Kind Regards Derren

PS. Here's the link to the post I read about being turned down for an ARTC after receiving a positive skills assessment for migration purposes. britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731008

Last edited by derren7; Sep 3rd 2011 at 7:10 pm. Reason: more info
Old Sep 4th 2011, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi Minty,
Andy is in a different position to most of us Sparks in that he was assessed as an Electrical Engineering Tech. and because of this his skills would not be assessed by VETASSESS but by the TRA for migration purposes.
Bizarre as it sounds, they would not issue an ARTC at this point, just a positive skills assessment for migration purposes. He will now have to apply to the TRA again for an ARTC ,albeit that he won't have to pay the $300 fee because he has previously been assessed by the TRA.
I've actually just read a post by someone who received a positive skills assessment from the TRA for migration purposes and was then turned down for an ARTC when they applied to the TRA for one. Mad eh?
Why they just don't grant an ARTC after granting a positive skills assessment is beyond me but it is the way it is.
And while your about, I just received an email back from the TRA about applying for an ARTC from the UK. The response was similar to the last enquiry I made to them. They just re-iterate stuff from their FAQ's "You can apply for an ARTC if you are an eligible Australian resident blah, blah, blah ". They didn't say No, so my application is being submitted on Monday.
Kind Regards Derren

PS. Here's the link to the post I read about being turned down for an ARTC after receiving a positive skills assessment for migration purposes. britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731008
Hi Darren, TRA is a nightmare.
Ive submitted mine so just waiting. I got it in before they changed the rules so i will see. Its been in since the 15/07/2011 ant is showing as received on that day on the online tracker so i know they have it and just have to play the waiting game like everyone else.

Good luck with your application.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi Derren and Minty,

Thanks for the info.

Do i need to wait until my visa is granted before I apply to TRA for my ARTC or can i do it just now.

Regards Andy.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andi-t-
Hi Derren and Minty,

Thanks for the info.

Do i need to wait until my visa is granted before I apply to TRA for my ARTC or can i do it just now.

Regards Andy.
Hi Andy,
You'll need to wait until your visa has been granted as you will need to submit a copy of it with your application to show that you are a resident of Australia.
This may be in the form of the visa grant notice you get when DIAC grants your visa and/or the sticker you can get put in your passport (which is optional to get, but recommended) I've submitted both just to be sure.
Regards Derren
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Derren,

Just waiting on my medical results which will hopefully be soon, then i'll apply for the ARTC, don't think it should be too much of a problem having already applied to TRA.

Regards,

Andy.