12 months experience

Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Default 12 months experience

ok so i got qualified

as i've read i need to be working 12 months out of the last 24 as a qualified spark after completing a full apprenticeship.

i am currently working for an agency and have been promised 4 weeks work with the promise of future in the pipeline (if it comes off).

i realize that i need employer references for my application, so would that mean the company that i am doing the work for or the actual agency (i will be getting paid via CIS if that makes any difference).

the problem i think i will have is if i work for a lot of different company's over the next 12 months will i have to get a reference or statement of the work i did off all of them.

i ask because i have been reading the ones that stevo posted (thanks for that mate) that he used and want to know if anyone has gone this route also and what problems they may have had.

also i am also thinking of doing a spot of traveling once i have applied for a visa for approx 6 months with the OH to pass the time can anyone think if this will be a problem if i use an agent who emails all the stuff out

all help will be greatly appreciated....... sorry for the long post
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all
Default Re: 12 months experience

I think you may have to go on to the Vetassess site as this is what you have to pass before you can apply for a visa, and I am pretty sure that you also need to have 7 years experience working as a spark (please shout if I am wrong) before applying. Vetassess website gives you all the info you require. Good luck
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

i've spoke to Australian immigration department who advised me that i will only need to have been working 12 months before applying.

i'm hoping to do the vetassess later this year
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonnyd
i've spoke to Australian immigration department who advised me that i will only need to have been working 12 months before applying.

i'm hoping to do the vetassess later this year

Let me expand for you on what shar07 has said.

The criteria for the visa and the skills assessment aren't always the same thing. Just because DIAC say you should have been working for 12 months in the past 24 months or whatever doesn't necessarily mean you can get a visa as it's not the only criteria - another is that you have a successful skills assessment - which depending on who you get that from may or may not be possible with only 12 months experience.

As a basic example when we applied for my OH's skills assessment, he needed 4 years electrical experience after his apprentiship to apply for the TRA - obviously now it's Vetassess that could have changed (and indeed I think it has, but it's a while since I looked so aren't sure ).
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

oh dear.

really hope i don't have to stay in this country for that long i hate it here.

thanks for the help though.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear.

really hope i don't have to stay in this country for that long i hate it here.

thanks for the help though.
Like I say, I think it's changed since Vetassess took over. I found this:

Work Experience
For applicants who have not completed any formal training you must provide documentary evidence that you have been employed in your trade area for a minimum of two years. This is a mandatory requirement. Applicants who do not have formal training qualifications or have not been employed for a minimum of two years will not be able to progress to the practical skills assessment.

Also there's a self assessment download here:

http://vetassess.com.au/index.cfm?me...#tsa_downloads
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
Like I say, I think it's changed since Vetassess took over. I found this:

Work Experience
For applicants who have not completed any formal training you must provide documentary evidence that you have been employed in your trade area for a minimum of two years. This is a mandatory requirement. Applicants who do not have formal training qualifications or have not been employed for a minimum of two years will not be able to progress to the practical skills assessment.

Also there's a self assessment download here:

http://vetassess.com.au/index.cfm?me...#tsa_downloads
have spke to an agent who tells me i need at least 12 months experience as a spark before applying.

she also said i can get it in oz then apply while i'm there so.....

we are going in august when oh finishes her course
Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

have spke to an agent who tells me i need at least 12 months experience as a spark before applying.

she also said i can get it in oz then apply while i'm there so.....

we are going in august when oh finishes her course

Good news