Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Urgent advice needed in Cyprus

Urgent advice needed in Cyprus

Old Mar 11th 2014, 5:19 am
Banned

worldtour is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Urgent advice needed in Cyprus

I've been living and working in Dubai with a construction firm but was transferred to Cyprus late last year, I love my 2012 BMW 650i so much and I moved it over to here too but since then I haven't been enjoying the car because it is left handed and I can only use it inside the streets(their law) now I cant even get to the site with the car, it's kind of useless to me now, I regret ever shipping it over to here, please any suggestion on what I can do because am thinking of placing it as an advert on the classifieds.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent advice needed in Cyprus

I am afraid that unless you let it go very very cheaply you are unlikely to be able to sell a LHD car here for the very reasons which make it useless to you.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 3:28 pm
Banned

so you mean reducing the price so much ? am thinking of selling it to someone outside Cyprus, what do you think ?? maybe selling to someone in dubai or any other country that use LHD, at least I wont be at much loss .... (confused)
Old Mar 11th 2014, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree it would maybe be better to sell it outside Cyprus.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:30 am
Banned

yea, I think so too, but any idea how I can proceed ??
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by worldtour
yea, I think so too, but any idea how I can proceed ??
Not really, except to say that if you do sell it outside don't forget to deregister it here or they will be wanting road tax from you each year.