pesky pigeons

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

budda1 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy pesky pigeons

:curse:Hi, I live in Paphos and have a great problems with pigeon's, have tried owls, shinney paper, glue, pigeon off., spikes and am now at a loss what to do, also have tried poison from the municipality, but to no avail, anyone got any idea's apart from shooting them???
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pesky pigeons

Originally Posted by budda1
:curse:Hi, I live in Paphos and have a great problems with pigeon's, have tried owls, shinney paper, glue, pigeon off., spikes and am now at a loss what to do, also have tried poison from the municipality, but to no avail, anyone got any idea's apart from shooting them???
CD's hung from the rafters seems to work as they spin around and frighten them.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pesky pigeons

Originally Posted by budda1
I had this problem in Limassol and it was caused by other people close by feeding them. They have to be told not to feed them and I used 'pigeon off' on the window sills and a/c units and also persuaded the rest of the block to do the same. It takes persistence and over twelve months it much reduced the impact of the problem. You can also get a cleaner to remove the glue which looks awful but helps to persuade the others to continue with it. One of the problems is if anybody lets them nest and breed as the place then becomes 'home'!! This unfortunately happened with our block. If you live in a block with lots of temporary residents then it becomes difficult!