Newbie cyprus

Old Oct 21st 2016, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Shell888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie cyprus

Hiya guys I'm a newbie planning on moving out to cyprus around the kappriss area any advice welcome we are a family of 4 with a 18mnth old little girl so need advice on schools jobs basically everything thanks in advance
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 3:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie cyprus

I can't help at all, but welcome to BE and good luck!
Old Dec 19th 2016, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie cyprus

Originally Posted by Shell888
Hiya guys I'm a newbie planning on moving out to cyprus around the kappriss area any advice welcome we are a family of 4 with a 18mnth old little girl so need advice on schools jobs basically everything thanks in advance
I would recommend that you do a lot of homework before making the move with a young family and no job lined up to come to.
Jobs are not easy to find unless you have skill that is needed and not many Cypriots have. They will always employ Cypriots before any foreigner if they can and most of the jobs that foreigners do are the lower paid jobs that Cypriots don't want.
Bringing up a child is much more expensive here than the UK and you don't get the same help from the government. Many young Cypriot families are living on charity these days as they cannot earn enough to feed their children.
I know this because I often donate to a local charity for struggling families.

If you do decide to take the plunge, make sure you have a good fund to support you through the first few months and put enough to one side for flights back to the UK if things don't work out.

whatever you decide I wish you the very best of luck as this is a lovely place to live if things work out in your favour.