Move to Cyrpus

Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

arisoftnet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Move to Cyrpus

Hey!!!

Are you serious here ???

Am not trying to sell anything here !! just saying my opinion!!

AND YES Cyprus is much cheaper than UK this is why Cyprus is full of people from UK .. mostly older people , that they get their rich pention from UK goverment and they come on the Island to live for the rest of their life !!!

Get a grip here !!! and stop trying to turn a descent conversation into a fight .... i really don't get you ... on which planet are u living here ..!!!
Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arisoftnet
Hey!!!

Are you serious here ???

Am not trying to sell anything here !! just saying my opinion!!

AND YES Cyprus is much cheaper than UK this is why Cyprus is full of people from UK .. mostly older people , that they get their rich pention from UK goverment and they come on the Island to live for the rest of their life !!!

Get a grip here !!! and stop trying to turn a descent conversation into a fight .... i really don't get you ... on which planet are u living here ..!!!
You seem to have missed the fact that a great many Brits have returned to the UK because their pensions are no longer enough to live on here. If they have additional pensions they can live a good life but if they only have their government pension they cannot manage here since the introduction of the euro in Cyprus. They go back to the Uk because they can claim benefits to supplement their pensions. To talk about Rich pensions from the Uk is laughable.
I agree that certain things are cheaper here than in the Uk but when you take EVERYTHING into account the cost of living here is roughly the same as the UK.
I love Cyprus which is why I am still here after 9 years but if I couldn't make ends meet I would very reluctantly return to the UK.
I know many people who have done just that because they couldn't afford to live here anymore.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
You seem to have missed the fact that a great many Brits have returned to the UK because their pensions are no longer enough to live on here. If they have additional pensions they can live a good life but if they only have their government pension they cannot manage here since the introduction of the euro in Cyprus. They go back to the Uk because they can claim benefits to supplement their pensions. To talk about Rich pensions from the Uk is laughable.
I agree that certain things are cheaper here than in the Uk but when you take EVERYTHING into account the cost of living here is roughly the same as the UK.
I love Cyprus which is why I am still here after 9 years but if I couldn't make ends meet I would very reluctantly return to the UK.
I know many people who have done just that because they couldn't afford to live here anymore.
I partly agree with you , let me tell you what i find expensive in Cyprus which for me it is a joke .

Cars
Vacations
Fish markets
Clothes
Shoes
Electricity
Internet

Houses used to be ,but now prices are REALLY getting down which is a good thing.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine has been living in Cyprus for several years and she hates it and canĀ“t wait to move back. Unfortunately her husband loves it. I think part of it is the fact that it is an island and harder to go back and forth to the UK several times a year.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Cyprus is the Perfect place for a family to live ....if the island had a nice theme park like Universal Studios or something like a Disney Land

It gets boring specially in the winter....