Reload this Page >

Location Advice?

Location Advice?

Old Jun 13th 2010, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

trevez is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Location Advice?

Hi all,

As on my previous post i have stated that me and my family are moving out to Cyprus for around 10 months starting August 2011.

Now... We would like some advice on what location would be suitable for long term rent?

We need to take into account:

1) I am going to be travelling to the University of Nicosia 3/4 times per week (I will hopefully be taking my car)

2) We are looking for a beach resort/area where we can possibly walk to or short drive to.

3)We have a young son who will be nearly 2 years old at time of travelling out.

Many thanks for reading, i hope to have some suggestions soon!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Location Advice?

Originally Posted by trevez
Hi all,

As on my previous post i have stated that me and my family are moving out to Cyprus for around 10 months starting August 2011.

Now... We would like some advice on what location would be suitable for long term rent?

We need to take into account:

1) I am going to be travelling to the University of Nicosia 3/4 times per week (I will hopefully be taking my car)

2) We are looking for a beach resort/area where we can possibly walk to or short drive to.

3)We have a young son who will be nearly 2 years old at time of travelling out.

Many thanks for reading, i hope to have some suggestions soon!

Hi,

Just a few suggestions......

Larnaca. Its about 30-40 min drive from Larnaca. There are lots of places to rent in the Dhekhlia road area, which is right on the beach. Its also really close to the highway.

Oroklini (just outside Larnaca) has a high ex pat population and again is close to the sea. Same driving time.

Kiti and Pervolia are also nice places to live. They are near to the airport, and again have a driving time of 30-40 mins to Nicosia.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Lefkosia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Location Advice?

As the poster above says, Larnaca is the closest choice if you want to live near the beach and work in Nicosia, but Limassol is also a possibility. I wouldn't suggest Paphos as it's just too far to do the journey comfortably on a regular basis.

You mentioned that you needed to be in Nicosia 3/4 times a week, but you didn't specify the time you needed to be there. You can spend as much time in the traffic jam entering Nicosia at the Kalispera traffic lights as you do driving from any of the coastal towns if you hit it at the wrong time (7am-9am weekday mornings).

Larnaca is 45km from Nicosia and Limassol is 70km - which is probably only a 10-15 minute difference in journey time, so it will come down to a simple choice of which you like better and whether you can find accommodation that you like. Property wise, Larnaca is cheaper to rent or buy than Limassol, but that probably reflects the difference in facilities and general preference.