Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

little info needed

little info needed

Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

robbie55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile little info needed

could someone help me on these when i move to cyprus is the price for the items below cost alot of money and how do you pay is it like uk direct debit
electric,gas,water,phone,internet,service charge and do you have to pay for your medical insurance also tv licence also is it easy to buy a secondhand car and do they cost same as uk also car insurance and car tax is that same as uk i would like to move now but i feel i would need quite a bit money in bank before as i,m 48 and at moment work 48 hours aweek in uk

any help would be good.

thanks

robert
Old Oct 12th 2010, 2:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: little info needed

Hi Robert,

I'm not in Cyprus myself, so can't help with your questions, but you may find these websites helpful:

http://www.cyprus.gov.cy/portal/port...n?OpenDocument

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...country=Cyprus

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/cy.html
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbie55
could someone help me on these when i move to cyprus is the price for the items below cost alot of money and how do you pay is it like uk direct debit
electric,gas,water,phone,internet,service charge and do you have to pay for your medical insurance also tv licence also is it easy to buy a secondhand car and do they cost same as uk also car insurance and car tax is that same as uk i would like to move now but i feel i would need quite a bit money in bank before as i,m 48 and at moment work 48 hours aweek in uk

any help would be good.

thanks

robert
Electricity is roughly the same as the Uk. There is no mains gas but bottled gas is a fraction of the price in the Uk.
Water is very cheap compared to the UK. Our water bills are around 25-30 Euros for 3 months. No TV licence. Car insurance and tax depends very much on the size of engine and emmisions. For anything over 2ltr engine very expensive, under 1600 its cheap.
As you are not in receipt of a a govenrment retirement pension you will need health insurance at least to start with. If you get work and pay into the social fund you will then be entitled to health care at the government hospitals.

Regards
Veronica
Old Mar 18th 2011, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by robbie55

any help would be good.

thanks

robert
You also have to remember, that Cyprus is an island, and most things are imported, so adds to the cost. Warer was a problem before, so many vegetables, fruit and even water had to be inmported to help with supplies. Thankfully the water situation has improved.