Konia

Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

DaveHancox is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Konia

Can anyone tell me what the Konia area is like for long term rental?
Also I would be pleased to hear about the climate in this area and where the best places are to look at renting.
Thanks
Dave
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Konia

Have you done any research at all, or is this just a general question?
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi zygiman
Just starting to research but any pointers would be great.
Dave
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaveHancox
Hi zygiman
Just starting to research but any pointers would be great.
Dave
We are based in Limassol, so cannot really comment.

Had the pleasure, or not pleasure to visit Konia once last year, and found it to be a large building site. We would not want to live there, but everybody to their own taste.

What made you choose to look in Konia?
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

OK, so that's put me off a bit.
Any suggestions on alternative places to put down roots?
Dave
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zygiman
We are based in Limassol, so cannot really comment.

Had the pleasure, or not pleasure to visit Konia once last year, and found it to be a large building site. We would not want to live there, but everybody to their own taste.

What made you choose to look in Konia?
You must have been to a different Konia. The one I live in has far less building going on than other places and is perfect as a location if you want to be in a village environment while being close to the town, the international school, the hospital, the motorway, the airport etc.
The centre of the village is still very traditional with not much going on apart from one taverna but there are plans for a new village centre, some of the old properties have already been compulsory purchased for this purpose.
However rental and sales properties are a bit like hens teeth in Konia as the village is very popular with Cypriots due to its good position.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

susiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nice

i have to agree with Veronica-K !

i love Konia, its a great place - I do prefer Tala (for the views and i actually enjoy the drive up there) but as a second choice it would be Konia its far enough away or close enough to what you want.

each to their own - you should come and have a look, sit, drink a coffee in the village square and talk to people to get the feel of where you feel comfortable - it might be somewhere totally different and a village in the hills
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

I like Tala as well, in fact we lived there before moving to Konia.
We moved here because at the time we sold our apartment and were looking for a villa the prices in Tala were much higher and we got a nicer house than we could have afforded in Tala. Nowadays Konia is every bit as expensive as Tala though because Cypriot business people want to live here due to its close proximity to town. There are a lot of large expensive houses here owned by lawyers and bank managers etc.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
You must have been to a different Konia. The one I live in has far less building going on than other places and is perfect as a location if you want to be in a village environment while being close to the town, the international school, the hospital, the motorway, the airport etc.
The centre of the village is still very traditional with not much going on apart from one taverna but there are plans for a new village centre, some of the old properties have already been compulsory purchased for this purpose.
However rental and sales properties are a bit like hens teeth in Konia as the village is very popular with Cypriots due to its good position.
No, we were in Konia, and there was a lot of building going on.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

There is a certain amount of building at the very top and on the eastern side of Konia but in the main part of the village and on the Western side there is no building at all. Even what is happening is nowhere near as bad as other areas. You obviously go around with your eyes closed in Limassol if you havn't noticed that it has exploded from a nice place into a huge overcrowded building site.
But as you said earlier, everyone has their own taste. I lived in Limassol many years ago but you couldn't pay me to live there now, but you are obviously happy there.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

There is a certain amount of building at the very top and on the eastern side of Konia but in the main part of the village and on the Western side there is no building at all. Even what is happening is nowhere near as bad as other areas. You obviously go around with your eyes closed in Limassol if you havn't noticed that it has exploded from a nice place into a huge overcrowded building site.
But as you said earlier, everyone has their own taste. I lived in Limassol many years ago but you couldn't pay me to live there now, but you are obviously happy there.
This conversation is regarding Konia, not Limassol, or are you blind to read the conversation?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was simply making the point that everyone has their preferences. You said Konia was a building site and I was merely making the comparison.
There is absolutely no need to be unpleasant about it.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was simply making the point that everyone has their preferences. You said Konia was a building site and I was merely making the comparison.
There is absolutely no need to be unpleasant about it.
You were referring that i walk around with my eyes closed in Limassol, right or wrong?

Last edited by zygiman; Apr 18th 2013 at 3:19 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

You come on and slag off a nice little village like Konia simply because you came here once and happened to see some building going on. Tell me anywhere in Cyprus where there isn't some building going on apart from the remote villages?
My point was that compared to Limassol where there are building sites everywhere you look Konia is a small friendly village in a very convenient location.

That is all I intend to say as I have no wish to enter into a slanging match with you.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

You come on and slag off a nice little village like Konia simply because you came here once and happened to see some building going on. Tell me anywhere in Cyprus where there isn't some building going on apart from the remote villages?
My point was that compared to Limassol where there are building sites everywhere you look Konia is a small friendly village in a very convenient location.

That is all I intend to say as I have no wish to enter into a slanging match with you.
Dave asked a question about Konia. I gave an opinion. We thought it was a building site, lot's of building going on, so we moved on to spend somewhere nicer to spend our day. Why is this slagging off the village?

The language and phrases you are using show you have a bad temper and cannot make a decent conversation with somebody who does not agree with your views.

You want to end a conversation without even having the decency to answer my question. Pitiful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.