Reload this Page >

Just a quick hello

Just a quick hello

Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

macca01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Just a quick hello

Hi all
Just a quick hello, we have just joined the site.
Myself and hubby will be setting off for Cyprus in the second week in April, (all being well ) we have decided not to get there in the normal way ie fly. We will be travelling through France, Italy, on to Greece and then to Cyprus, (by any method we can travel by ) Yes we agree we may be a bit mad but life begins at 40 or so they say LOL ) Anyway we are hoping to make Cyprus our home after loads and loads of research, talking to people, book reading , blog reading, goverment research, (you get the drift).
Life is to short, so we are making the move why we can!!!!!!!

Loved reading the info on this site, and all advice is welcome.

cheers

Michaela and John
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just a quick hello

Originally Posted by macca01
Hi all
Myself and hubby will be setting off for Cyprus in the second week in April, (all being well ) we have decided not to get there in the normal way ie fly. We will be travelling through France, Italy, on to Greece and then to Cyprus, (by any method we can travel by ) Yes we agree we may be a bit mad but life begins at 40 or so they say LOL ) Anyway we are hoping to make Cyprus our home after loads and loads of research, talking to people, book reading , blog reading, goverment research, (you get the drift).

cheers

Michaela and John
Awesome!!!

Thats the best thing i have heard all day, beats a boring 4.5 hr flight i guess, just dont get delayed climbing the Alps or entertaining the vast French sense of humour, and dont eat too much in Italy! why not skip greece and sail from Italy? be there quicker me thinks..

Where abouts are you going to settle?

Timbo
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Just a quick hello

Hi Timbo
i carnt afford to eat anymore im hoping to shift a stone on the way over.
We have someone we kind of know in coral bay (a freinds dad). he has said he can get us some cheap accomadation.
Iv tried to find a ferry from Italy direct to cyprus but I carnt seem to find one anywhere. The services I have found seem to have been dispanded.
We have found a ferry from Italy to Corfu and then Corfu to Patri greek mainland, bus from Patri to Athens, and then fly with Cyprus airways from Athens in to Larnica.
The good thing is working out the prices it should be about 360 euros total for the 2 of us, for all of the above.

We dont really want to decide to much yet as to where we settle, going to keep the options open (you know jobs and that ).
Johns a mechanic and lecturer in mechanics, he's aleady been told by various garges in cyprus to contact when we get there, with a least 2 that look like real possibilties.
Anyway we will worry about that when we get there.

We are looking forward to our first beer in cyprus.

Michaela and john.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: Bouncing between Manama Bahrain and Kissonerga, Paphos
ArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really nice

Hi Timbo
We have someone we kind of know in coral bay (a freinds dad). he has said he can get us some cheap accomadation.
Iv tried to find a ferry from Italy direct to cyprus but I carnt seem to find one anywhere. The services I have found seem to have been dispanded.
We have found a ferry from Italy to Corfu and then Corfu to Patri greek mainland, bus from Patri to Athens, and then fly with Cyprus airways from Athens in to Larnica.
The good thing is working out the prices it should be about 360 euros total for the 2 of us, for all of the above.

We dont really want to decide to much yet as to where we settle, going to keep the options open (you know jobs and that ).
Johns a mechanic and lecturer in mechanics, he's aleady been told by various garges in cyprus to contact when we get there, with a least 2 that look like real possibilties.

Michaela and john.
Hi, If you are having trouble finding ferries to Cyprus from Greece there are plenty of websites that have the ferry time. If you google London to Cyprus by train there's a very good one which will come up with the ferry time tables. Give us a shout when you get here. We live between Paphos And Coral Bay. We've got a friend who is leaving to go back to the UK at the beginning of April and could do with someone to take over his appartment. If that's of any interest let me know and I'll put him in touch with you. Either way, get in touch when you get here. There's absolutely tons of places up for rent just now so you own't have trouble finding somewhere to live.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

larra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

cheers

Michaela and John
Good on you Michaela and John, life is too short, Ive been saying for 5 years Im going to Cyprus, I love the place and the ppl, hopefully I will get there soon, Good luck and happy travels.

Larra.

Dont know where your going but know doubt you will bump into a guy called Morrice from Glasgow, he is amazing and knows everything about Cyprus, so if you meet him tell him you know his best friend from Clarkston in Glasgow. He will know wot you mean. Great guy, he will show you best places to go.

Good luck.

larra
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi Larra and arranlass

thanks for your replys, starting to get the jitters now as its geting closer !! LOL
thanks for the advice and yes if we meet Morrice along the way we will send him your regards.
Madly trying to empty the flat now of all the rubbish you gather!!
iv tried the ferrys from Italy to cyprus ditect and to be honest iv struggled, but never mind we dont mind a detour around Greece. We should be travelling for 3 months so we will see loads

Thanks for the offer of accomadation, the prob is we dont know when we will be getting to Cyprus so i should emagine it will be rented by then.

thank anyway

keep in touch all

michaela and john
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

mairi45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

cheers

Michaela and John
Hi
My husband and I just moved to Cyprus .We live in Nicosia.I must say from what we have experianced in the past two months im sure we did the right thing.... My husband Bill got a transfer with his work i am hoping to find work too.Enjoy your travel to get here
Mairi
Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:50 am
Just Joined

KBeast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Timbo

Michaela and john.
Hello Michaela and John, I do hope you enjoy your round about trip, we look forward to having an honest, reliable mechanic here in Paphos, do let us know where he works when he starts, they are thin on the ground, I'm fed up with being ripped off by garages.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi kbeast

thanks for the reply, dont worry we will let u know.
Johns a good mechanic so we are hoping that he can find work when we arrive

michaela and john