Reload this Page >

costs of Importing a car to South Cyprus

costs of Importing a car to South Cyprus

Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

joanna1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile costs of Importing a car to South Cyprus

Hi

We have a Mercedes ML320 1999 4x4 and are selling up and moving to Cyprus from the UK. We would like to drive our car in but have been told it will cost us 12000 euro import duties. This is more than the car is worth. Is there any way that we can waiver the duties or how do we find out if the car has had import duties already paid in the past.

Jo
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

rocket1971 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: costs of Importing a car to South Cyprus

Originally Posted by joanna1976
Hi

We have a Mercedes ML320 1999 4x4 and are selling up and moving to Cyprus from the UK. We would like to drive our car in but have been told it will cost us 12000 euro import duties. This is more than the car is worth. Is there any way that we can waiver the duties or how do we find out if the car has had import duties already paid in the past.

Jo
Have you had any luck with your car? If not I am a shipping agent and am happy to make some enquiries for you.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rocket1971
Have you had any luck with your car? If not I am a shipping agent and am happy to make some enquiries for you.
Hi

None of the information is coming across clear the reply I have just had from customs & excise is below. They haven't answered my question as to if the age of the car is acceptable because it is 1999. I am unclear about what documents I need to source from the UK. I am extremely worried in case i take it and it's not that easy and I end up paying the duty. We believe the cheapest way for us to send it is by roll on roll off rather than driving it there. Also I don't know if i will need to provide documents from Cyprus. Do you have any answers to any of this and how much would it cost us to ship on a roll on roll off

Mrs Chehade
When you arrive you take your car under temporary information. Then you make an application and claim it duty free and if approved then you clear it. You will not have to pay and ask for refund.
Maria Christodoulou
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

rocket1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

None of the information is coming across clear the reply I have just had from customs & excise is below. They haven't answered my question as to if the age of the car is acceptable because it is 1999. I am unclear about what documents I need to source from the UK. I am extremely worried in case i take it and it's not that easy and I end up paying the duty. We believe the cheapest way for us to send it is by roll on roll off rather than driving it there. Also I don't know if i will need to provide documents from Cyprus. Do you have any answers to any of this and how much would it cost us to ship on a roll on roll off

Mrs Chehade
When you arrive you take your car under temporary information. Then you make an application and claim it duty free and if approved then you clear it. You will not have to pay and ask for refund.
Maria Christodoulou
Just to clarify it is a ML320 can you tell me the approx value, where the car is now and just to confirm you will collect it from Limmasol?
If you can let me have the above info and I will come back to you in the next 24hrs.

Last edited by rocket1971; Apr 23rd 2008 at 9:15 pm. Reason: error
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Mrs Chehade
Maria Christodoulou
It is a mercedes ML320 petrol it's worth 4500 and we would collect it from Limassol, could you also tell me hw long we have to have had the car in the UK before we can export it
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

murga100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rocket1971
Hi Rocket
i'm looking at bringing my car across from the uk, it's a 1.3 mazda demio, i won't have owned it for 6 months so will pay excise duty etc, wondered if you could give me quote to handle everything
Thanks
Pete

<Snip email address, not advisable to post them on an open forum because of spambots>

Last edited by jdr; Aug 23rd 2008 at 5:44 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:02 am
Just Joined

derrick c is an unknown quantity at this point

Below is a copy of the info from the Pafilia website. Hope it`s of some use.

<Snip, sorry but you cannot cut and paste copyright material, rule 7, a link to the site is appropriate. thanks>

Before importing your car to Cyprus it is advisable to contact the Department of Customs and Excise for detailed and up-to-date information.

Useful contacts

Department of Customs and Excise: +357 22 601 657
Road Traffic Department: +357 22 807 117
For more information, the Cyprus Department of Transport can be contacted on: +357 22 807 121

Last edited by jdr; Aug 23rd 2008 at 5:42 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

derrick c is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at this link.
http://www.pafilia.com/Motor_Vehicle...yprus&Child=10