care work

Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

rob english is an unknown quantity at this point
Default care work

Hi all. I am a manager for adults with learning disibilities in supported accomodation. is there simular work in cyprus? also what are the schools like as i have a 5yr old child. Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: care work

Originally Posted by rob english
Hi all. I am a manager for adults with learning disibilities in supported accomodation. is there simular work in cyprus? also what are the schools like as i have a 5yr old child. Thanks
Rob,

I can't really comment on your line of work but can tell you about the schools, well, private ones.

My daughter goes to the American Academy in Larnca. It is an excellant school. The head teacher has done an amazing job since he took over. If you only plan to be in Cyprus for a few years, sending your child to a private school will work out for the best. He/She will be able to slot back into the education system in the UK if you go back. That was the biggest factor for us when we were choosing what to do. My daughter had attended Cypriot nursery and was accepted into the primary school, but we had a change of heart and went for private.

Its not that expensive really. The fees have just come out for next year. For primary school the fees don't go above €4500 for the year.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

yummymummy150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: care work

Originally Posted by rob english
You could try the greek schools at 5 it seems to work well,
As H said if you plan to move back in his school life would be best to go private.