Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Anyone out there bought property in North Cyprus?

Anyone out there bought property in North Cyprus?

Old May 3rd 2007, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Vonnieron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone out there bought property in North Cyprus?

Hi, we are thinking of investing in a property in North Cyprus and wondered if anyone has any advice, bad or good experiences of doing this? Any advice would be appreciated
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

relay52001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone out there bought property in North Cyprus?

Originally Posted by Vonnieron
Hi, we are thinking of investing in a property in North Cyprus and wondered if anyone has any advice, bad or good experiences of doing this? Any advice would be appreciated
We have lived in N/Cyprus for the last 3 years, best thing I have ever done, What is it that you want to know ??

John
Old Jun 11th 2007, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Vonnieron is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Anyone out there bought property in North Cyprus?

Hi John, just general things really, the main problem we have is we have heard that maybe one day when things get back on an *even par* with southern cyrus that they will claim the land back from northern areas and people that have purchased will have the property snatched back!!!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Vonnieron

The best thing you can do is come out and have a look if you haven't already,as far as there being a settlement in my opinion that is many years away if ever,what we have seen since we have been here is that the Greek's seem to hate the Turks & the Turks trust the Greeks about as far as they can throw them which would be not very far. This problem has been going on now for 33 years & I can see no way that the Turkish Cyps would ever give up this part of the Island & go back to being ruled by the Greeks which is what a settlement would mean.

I have yet to meet a Turkish Cyp that is in favour of reuniting with the Greeks I think that say's it all.

If you want to know any details about living here let me know & I will try to help

John
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Alassa is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I live in the legal part of Cyprus. I don't know how anyone can countenance living in property that has been stolen from someone else due to war. Shame on you.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

salukie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello , we are new to the forum and are finding our way around . We have bought a place in Kyrenia , and would like help with electricity connection regulation and costs ; we`ve been quoted £2000 by the builders for connection .

Please help , Salukie .
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

http://www.phpbb88.com/northerncyprus

http://groups.msn.com/TRNCvillaowners/general.msnw

If you want to try either of these BB I am sure you will find them most helpfully with your electric question.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Alassa you presume to much, you know nothing of my circumstance nor weather I live on Turkish land Greek land or pre 74 International title land, from your bigoted attitude I can only assume that you are a GC if that is not the case you are a very uneducated Ex-Pat

Read more books

John
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Alassa is an unknown quantity at this point

Now you see John, no where in my post does it accuse you directly of anything. You sound very defensive, I wonder why? As for me being uneducated..... try using the spell check before posting.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

I bet you use a calculator to add up as well
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

keithrogers is a jewel in the roughkeithrogers is a jewel in the roughkeithrogers is a jewel in the roughkeithrogers is a jewel in the rough

Hi all.

I'm new to this thread after having been thwarted in my attempts to buy a flat in Goa.

I've bought off plan with Yigor in Arapkoy at Chesley Village.

I don't feel worried about the title issue at the moment as I feel the stand off between the 2 sides is pretty well the norm for the future.

I was advised by my Cypriot lawyer that the TRNC are issuing titles and that they are effectively underwritten by the Turkish Govt.

Takes about 2 years at the mo due to the backlog.

Keith Rogers
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vonnieron
try

www.frankandjoan.com

Frank and Joan are a couple of Brits very happily living in Northern Cyprus and what they don't know about it doesn't seem to exist. They have a very entertaining site relating their adventures and daily life there. Good luck!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

TanyaN is on a distinguished road

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2543384.ece
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

dooper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alassa
No, I live in the legal part of Cyprus. I don't know how anyone can countenance living in property that has been stolen from someone else due to war. Shame on you.

I would tend to agree with this but then, when did morality ever mean anything in the Cypriot property market? As for any such deals being underwritten by the Turkish Governement-well whats that worth?
Old Oct 13th 2007, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Mama May is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its a very brave move to buy property somewhere with such an uncertain future. Frank and Joans diary state:
Public opinion polls held recently in both parts of Cyprus, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (KKTC) and the Greek Cypriot side, revealed the stunning fact that both people see the sustainable solution in two separate states rather than a unified federal state.
which may be the case- except after visiting other parts of Cyprus, for some reason I'm just not convinced. Every Cypriot we got chatting to in various areas was keen to tell us about the day they will reclaim their land, how their family was massacered and their houses stolen. None we met seemed to have moved on or accept they had lost part of their country.
We noticed all the telephone boxes STILL list a Famagusta dialing code with the notice "temporarily out of service"- um just a bit!
With Turkey keener than ever to enter the EU and Cyprus already in there.....I wouldn't be holding my breath nor investing life savings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.