Work Sponsorship then applying for Spouse Visa

Old Feb 26th 2020, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Bekkiboo_969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Sponsorship then applying for Spouse Visa

Hi everyone, I am a British Citizen having lived in the USA for nearly 5 years. My American husband has been offered a job in the UK and his employer would sponsor him. My question is can we apply for a Spouse Visa once we are there?
Old Feb 26th 2020, 12:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Sponsorship then applying for Spouse Visa

Yes.

And his income from his job in the UK would be included in your "joint income" for spouse visa sponsorship purposes. This is true even if you are not working and your "joint income" is comprised entirely of your husband's income.

BTW If you are still on a green card, you would be well advised to apply for US citizenship before you return to the UK, to give you the flexibility to return to the US to live if you ever want to.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 26th 2020 at 12:16 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 2:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but anytime spent on a work visa would be lost once he switched to a spouse visa for the purposes of ILR. I would spend six months on the work visa to ensure you fulfil the financial requirements and then apply.

Just bear in mind that if his employer is about to drop £10,000 on a five year Tier 2 visa for him then they may not be too pleased if he cancels it after six months.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Bekkiboo_969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yes.

And his income from his job in the UK would be included in your "joint income" for spouse visa sponsorship purposes. This is true even if you are not working and your "joint income" is comprised entirely of your husband's income.

BTW If you are still on a green card, you would be well advised to apply for US citizenship before you return to the UK, to give you the flexibility to return to the US to live if you ever want to.
Yes I have my U.S Citizenship which is 👍