Will my documents be returned (spouse visa)?

Old Jan 17th 2019, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default Will my documents be returned (spouse visa)?

Hello people,

I was wondering if my original documents will be returned (provided I include a prepaid envelope)? I am sending my stuff directly to Sheffield. I was worried that if my visa gets rejected, and I have to either appeal or reapply, I would need the original documents, and that they might not return them. I have seen people posting that their docs got returned, but is this ONLY when you have included photocopies of all documents? Should I photocopy every single thing I send?? Or do they scan them there themselves? Confused confused confused... Thank you..
Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will my documents be returned (spouse visa)?

There is no need to send photocopies.

The sponsor gets the documents returned according to the return envelope generally before a decision is made. I got mine back within 1 week of posting to Sheffield from within the UK. The decision took 5 weeks.

The applicants passport will be returned to the applicant via the visa application centre where they submitted regardless if the application is accepted or refused.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bookerw100
There is no need to send photocopies.

The sponsor gets the documents returned according to the return envelope generally before a decision is made. I got mine back within 1 week of posting to Sheffield from within the UK. The decision took 5 weeks.

The applicants passport will be returned to the applicant via the visa application centre where they submitted regardless if the application is accepted or refused.
Thanks for the response. I was going to provide a return envelope to my address rather than my wife, because if I get rejected I will have to prepare the docs again, and my wife doesn't know much about the application process. Is that fine?
Old Jan 17th 2019, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Presumably you are the applicant?

I am not sure but I don't see why it should be a problem if you are providing a return envelope back to the applicant's address instead of sponsors. It will just be more expensive I guess.

Is there a reason you think your application will be rejected?
Old Jan 17th 2019, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Presumably you are the applicant?

I am not sure but I don't see why it should be a problem if you are providing a return envelope back to the applicant's address instead of sponsors. It will just be more expensive I guess.

Is there a reason you think your application will be rejected?
As far as I can see, everything is in order; so no, I don't think it'll be rejected, but I'm just being precautionary. There's one issue that might be a problem, though. My wife's employment letter is not signed. It just came in an email from the HR department. But she works for the NHS (i.e., a stable, public employer), so I don't think this should be a problem, since the letter has the logo and contact details for the HR person and everything... Or am I wrong?
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Can she not get it signed by HR, or is too late for that now?

Are the payslips printouts as well or did they come in the post?

One idea could be to get a separate signed letter from HR confirming that the employment letter is genuine ?
Old Jan 17th 2019, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Can she not get it signed by HR, or is too late for that now?

Are the payslips printouts as well or did they come in the post?

One idea could be to get a separate signed letter from HR confirming that the employment letter is genuine ?
Yes she could, but then it'd take a few days and also another few days to come from England, and I'm trying to get all my supporting docs in by Monday next week. The payslips are originals.