Wife's Settlement Visa question

Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:56 am
Just Joined

canmethed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife's Settlement Visa question

Hi folks, I'm new to the site, but have a settlement question. My wife is getting ready to apply for her settlement visa, but is worried about doing it too soon. We're moving home to Glasgow in mid-July and she's learned that it can take as little as 2 weeks to process a settlement visa.

I'm wondering, does anyone know how long her visa would be valid after it's granted, meaning how long til she has to arrive in the U.K.?

Cheers all!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife's Settlement Visa question

If it's the 27-month visa than up to about 3 months ideally - the issue is with applying for ILR once in the UK, as this can only be done from 28 days before the 2 year anniversary of entering the UK.

If you've been married & living outside the UK for 4+ years and request the KOL Req endorsement, then the 3 months doesn't matter so much as the Life in the UK test can be taken and ILR applied for any time before the 2 years is up.

Do note though that you can request the visa be post-dated by up to 3 months - i.e. if visa is decided on 30th April and a request for post-dating for 3 months is made, then the "valid from" date would be 30th July.

I'd suggest applying now before the rules change, as it's still unclear exactly what the new rules will be.