Where to send Supporting Documents

Old Apr 14th 2017, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

asheehan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where to send Supporting Documents

Hi Again,

Thanks again for previous help. I finally completed my application and have my bio appointment next week in Toronto.

I'm trying to figure out where to send my support supporting documents. On my "Application Complete" page, they just give me this link which just sends me to a general landing page of sorts. Does anyone have the link with the correct address to send these documents to in the UK?

I'm applying from Canada. Also any dos and dont's in terms of shipping method? I was planning on just using Fedex and requiring a signature confirmation.

Thanks all!
Old Apr 14th 2017, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to send Supporting Documents

Did you apply via the following company ?

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/canada/how_to_apply.html

It says to take documents to the appointment when having biometrics taken?
Old Apr 14th 2017, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Did you apply via the following company ?

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/canada/how_to_apply.html

It says to take documents to the appointment when having biometrics taken?
I sure did, my appointment is Friday, but I was under the impression I would then mail them myself elsewhere. Do they simply collect them at the VFS appointment?
Old Apr 14th 2017, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you look under the FAQ section you will see:

What will happen when I attend my appointment?

When you attend your appointment, you:

Should arrive 15 minutes before your appointment ( if you are late you will need to reschedule your appointment ); and Provide your biometric data.
Deposit your passport, application form and supporting documents in a drop box ready for collection by a courier.
The application will then be sent to UK Visas & Immigration.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Apr 14th 2017 at 9:24 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Hmm, it sounds like the UK Government needs to update their website to be a bit more clear:

On my Visa Application Complete page

It says "For information on where you should send these documents, please click on the link UK Visas and Immigration website" . Then goes to think link I provided in my initial post.

But then on my appoint confirmation print out it says:

"For Settlement cases applied for in Toronto, please bring photocopies of all your supporting documents in addition to your original documents."

So it sounds like they send it for me, sounds good to me.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asheehan

But then on my appoint confirmation print out it says:

"For Settlement cases applied for in Toronto, please bring photocopies of all your supporting documents in addition to your original documents."

So it sounds like they send it for me, sounds good to me.
If this is what your appointment confirmation tells you, why the questions in the first place?

..... oh and you're welcome by the way.........
Old Apr 14th 2017, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Yeah it was just a bit confusing, oh well almost done, I can't wait for at least this part of the process to be over...

Thanks again for your advice.