Where does on begin?

Old Feb 24th 2016, 1:18 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where does on begin?

Originally Posted by Frankie Bronx
I did respond to the query regarding my wife's financials and said it was not the issue. But excuse me for reading between the lines. I am 62 and sometimes a bit put off by the immigration process. And I am NOT a novice when it comes to knowing when someone is a screen nazi. Can't make this up. I thought the internet was free of such things, but I am obviously incorrect. Pardon me for having feelings and finding this subject hard to digest. Put yourselves in the shoes of someone who is just starting out. I think that feeling of being unsure may be forgotten or lost by some. The site is generally helpful. But you seem to assume this subject is widely known. Not everyone is the same and knows what you know. BTW, I have the document info I need. It took me a while, but it did come to light.
I think the problem may be that you said you were aware of the financial requirements but went on to ask what would happen if you were both on social security. But if your wife meets the requirements than that is good.

If you also now have found the list of documents needed and how to apply, then I can only wish you good luck with the process. I don't think the overall process takes too long, especially if you pay for priority processing.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Do you have any recent European ancestry? Italian or Irish-born grandparents for instance?
Is it possible to get an answer to this, even if it's just to rule it out?
Old Feb 24th 2016, 1:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frankie Bronx
I did respond to the query regarding my wife's financials and said it was not the issue. But excuse me for reading between the lines. I am 62 and sometimes a bit put off by the immigration process. And I am NOT a novice when it comes to knowing when someone is a screen nazi. Can't make this up. I thought the internet was free of such things, but I am obviously incorrect. Pardon me for having feelings and finding this subject hard to digest. Put yourselves in the shoes of someone who is just starting out. I think that feeling of being unsure may be forgotten or lost by some. The site is generally helpful. But you seem to assume this subject is widely known. Not everyone is the same and knows what you know. BTW, I have the document info I need. It took me a while, but it did come to light.
Most people on this site have been through the immigration process at least once, and we all remember what it felt like. Thats why we all offer our time for free to help those like you, who come after us. None of us assume that anything is widely known, thats why we post links for peole to follow so they can see the official source of the info.

You're being offered a huge amount of help in this thread, all that is asked in return is that you follow the links posted which help you to see the answers you need.

Please don't talk of 'screen nazis' (whatever you mean by that) the term is offensive to many.

Good luck with the application
Old Mar 10th 2016, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Frankie Bronx is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely understand where you are all coming from. I apologize for being angry and suspicious. When you are filling out the actual application, and you encounter questions that do not apply to your case, do you left them blank?
Old Mar 10th 2016, 4:10 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

there is usually a YES or NO response required on the form, followed by a (if or not applicable) 'go to the next or following section' in the form

There may be questions that require data or information to be filled in.....

Is there something specific in the actual application for or the appendix 2?

in the links below

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ent-form-vaf4a