When to start counting

Old Jun 8th 2018, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

PhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond repute
Default When to start counting

Hey all,

I'm thinking of escalating my application in the next week or so as I believe it's nearing 30 working days since we applied.

However, to ensure I get in touch with the Home Office at the right time, could anyone please confirm when we should start counting working days? Is it when we submit our online application, from the biometric appointment or from the date that they receive the documents and send us the email that our application is being reviewed by an ECO?

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2018, 3:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to start counting

Date you submitted biometrics.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

PhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Date you submitted biometrics.
Thank you Brit
Old Jun 8th 2018, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Didee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PhilFromTheFuture
Hey all,

I'm thinking of escalating my application in the next week or so as I believe it's nearing 30 working days since we applied.

However, to ensure I get in touch with the Home Office at the right time, could anyone please confirm when we should start counting working days? Is it when we submit our online application, from the biometric appointment or from the date that they receive the documents and send us the email that our application is being reviewed by an ECO?

Thanks
Did you pay for priority?
In my experience the only way for us to get any news about our case was to call and escalate. After I did my biometrics I didn't get any confirmation emails, nothing. So my fiancé called on 27 BD and we got the "your application is being prepared for consideration" standard email 2 BD afterwards.

Good luck!
Old Jun 8th 2018, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

I did pay for priority! Hopefully it actually has an effect.

Ive received the first email, but nothing since. I’ve seen people wait for the 30 day mark before escalating, which is why I’ll do. Hopefully we’ll hear something back soon.

Good luck to you if you’re still waiting!
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Didee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PhilFromTheFuture
I did pay for priority! Hopefully it actually has an effect.

Ive received the first email, but nothing since. I’ve seen people wait for the 30 day mark before escalating, which is why I’ll do. Hopefully we’ll hear something back soon.

Good luck to you if you’re still waiting!
That's good, I hope the priority service works out for you!
Thanks, I hope I do as well, I'm on day 55 and haven't heard anything yet all tho I didn't pay for priority, so I guess it's normal.