Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

What visa can I get for my Canadian Citizen daughter in the UK?

What visa can I get for my Canadian Citizen daughter in the UK?

Old Mar 25th 2020, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold
Default What visa can I get for my Canadian Citizen daughter in the UK?

Hi all.

My daughter was born in the UAE and was given a Canadian passport at birth (via my Canadian husband).
We moved to the UK a couple months ago.

I, the mother, have a British passport. My husband's is Canadian and he has a UK residence permit (and is in full time employment).
My daughter entered the UK on her Canadian Passport with a 6 month tourist visa.

My plan was to apply for her British passport as soon as we arrived here but because she was born abroad, and so was I, the process is slightly longer and usually takes 3-4 months approx. (I know this because I did the same for my son) but now the process will probably be even longer than that because of the pandemic crisis.

My question is - if I cannot get her British passport before her 6 month tourist visa expires, can I apply for some other type of visa so that she continues to remain here in the UK legally without incurring fines?

I have checked gov.uk but can't find a clear answer anywhere for our particular circumstance.

Thank you.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What visa can I get for my Canadian Citizen daughter in the UK?

You cannot switch to any other visa when entering the UK under visitor status

You might be given more time to obtain your child's passport (you are doing the registration route by sounds of it) based on current circumstances.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 9:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What visa can I get for my Canadian Citizen daughter in the UK?

Did you need to register your son as a British citizen before you could apply for his first British passport?