Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Visa or Right Of Abode for child born abroad to join me in UK?

Visa or Right Of Abode for child born abroad to join me in UK?

Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa or Right Of Abode for child born abroad to join me in UK?

Originally Posted by holly_1948
You know I don't believe a British Citizen even needs a passport to enter the UK.
A British Citizen can't be deported from Britain after all.

Of course, as Oswald Mosley famously discovered, without a passport you basically will be refused the use of international public transport so you have to provide your own boat or yacht for travel.
Off at a bit of tangent and ignoring the practicalities of proving you are a British Citizen, getting onto a plane, getting through immigration etc ...

So can a British Citizen child be effectively deported to a third country to live with a parent there if their other parent has kidnapped them and brought them to the UK?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 5:00 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
Off at a bit of tangent and ignoring the practicalities of proving you are a British Citizen, getting onto a plane, getting through immigration etc ...

So can a British Citizen child be effectively deported to a third country to live with a parent there if their other parent has kidnapped them and brought them to the UK?
Following the appropriate legal applications, yes.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
A British Citizen can't be deported from Britain after all.
Maybe not deported. But British Citizens can be, and are frequently extradited from Britain.

The extradition treaty with the USA is especially notorious.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 3:46 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman6666
Maybe not deported. But British Citizens can be, and are frequently extradited from Britain.

The extradition treaty with the USA is especially notorious.
What's the difference between deportation and extradition? Is it to do with who files the papers - country of residence or external country?
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 1:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
What's the difference between deportation and extradition? Is it to do with who files the papers - country of residence or external country?
Extradition is a judicial process for alleged criminals to face trial in a foreign jurisdiction.

Deportation can either refer to a. the removal of non-citizens from a country, or b. an unfree nation forced to hand over its citizens to a foreign power.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
b. an unfree nation forced to hand over its citizens to a foreign power.
Exactly. My grandfather was deported from the country from which he was a citizen, by an occupying power (during world war 2).