visa refusal after cancellation query

Old Jul 28th 2018, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

barkus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa refusal after cancellation query

Hello I applied for someone for a transit visa through UK. They sent the" delayed decision/no decision yet" type message. So I was in a hurry and wanted to try a different route I called them on the phone and asked them from this email how long would it take to have an answer, they said it could take days, weeks or months they had no idea, so I cancelled the application. They did not say at that time a decision had been made. Soon after the cancellation, same day or next if I remember correctly but after the call, they sent message that the visa had been denied. Does that fact that I cancelled the application before the reply negate the refusal? thanks
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:29 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa refusal after cancellation query

Originally Posted by barkus
Does that fact that I cancelled the application before the reply negate the refusal? thanks
What would it negate it? The application was still made. If it wasnt approved for whatever reason, then there is only one other option - denied. Whether it was denied because you cancelled it no idea.

But if that person ever applies for a visa and is asked have they ever been denied a visa the answer is yes.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by az2014
What would it negate it? The application was still made. If it wasnt approved for whatever reason, then there is only one other option - denied. Whether it was denied because you cancelled it no idea.

But if that person ever applies for a visa and is asked have they ever been denied a visa the answer is yes.
So you are saying that even though I withdrew the application, meaning I don't want the visa at this time, the application was not withdrawn?
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So you are saying that even though I withdrew the application, meaning I don't want the visa at this time, the application was not withdrawn?
But it wasn't withdrawn if they'd already started processing it - which if they refused it the same day or possibly the day after, clearly they had.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What was the reason give for the refusal - a reason is always given.........
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What was the reason give for the refusal - a reason is always given.........
I am not satisfied that you qualify for such a visa.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hello I applied for someone for a transit visa through UK. They sent the" delayed decision/no decision yet" type message. So I was in a hurry and wanted to try a different route I called them on the phone and asked them from this email how long would it take to have an answer, they said it could take days, weeks or months they had no idea, so I cancelled the application. They did not say at that time a decision had been made. Soon after the cancellation, same day or next if I remember correctly but after the call, they sent message that the visa had been denied. Does that fact that I cancelled the application before the reply negate the refusal? thanks
You're saying that you applied for a visa for someone else, then you called someone (who did you call?) to ask how long the visa for someone else would take, then you cancelled someone else's visa application on the phone????
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
But it wasn't withdrawn if they'd already started processing it - which if they refused it the same day or possibly the day after, clearly they had.
I wish they had told me that on the phone, that I cannot withdraw it once it is being processed. But, they told me it is withdrawn. c'est la vie
Old Jul 28th 2018, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're saying that you applied for a visa for someone else, then you called someone (who did you call?) to ask how long the visa for someone else would take, then you cancelled someone else's visa application on the phone????
Yes, you are allowed to fill out forms for people. And yes I called the ukvi help number for the website the one you call to check on the progress of the visa gave them the application number and told them to cancel it and send the passport back, because they said they did not know how long it would take now
Old Jul 28th 2018, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

deleted...
Old Jul 28th 2018, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am not satisfied that you qualify for such a visa.

That's a refusal .... nothing to do with a withdrawal.........
Old Jul 28th 2018, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
That's a refusal .... nothing to do with a withdrawal.........
I don't think you understand my OP.
I am saying that I called them after they sent an email stating the a decision had not been made and there will be a delay. I called and asked them how long a delay I can expect, they said they had no idea. So I asked them to cancel the visa application and send the passport back. They said ok, the application is cancelled and the passport will be returned. Then they sent an email after they told me that the application was cancelled and that they would be sending the passport back saying that the visa is refused.
So my question was if they had cancelled my visa application on request and said they would be sending the passport back, this means there is no application anymore, how could they after that, deal with the application which at that time was non existent. Trying to find the email now, will post if I find it

Last edited by barkus; Jul 28th 2018 at 9:43 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

This is the first email which got me on the phone that day on the 5th to ask how long, and then canceled and ask for the return of the passport
Dec 5 2017 Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.
Kind Regards, UK Decision Making Centre
This is what they sent the day after the phone conversation requesting the cancellation and return of the passport. All of a sudden they say "Now a decision has been made"
Dec 6 2017 Thank you for your enquiry. A decision has now been made on your application and I have requested that your passport be returned to you as a matter of urgency.
If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK
Kind Regards...
I inquired and then told then to cancel the application and send the passport back. I checked my phone records and I called them on dec 5 2017

Last edited by barkus; Jul 28th 2018 at 10:07 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 11:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The application was refused. The end.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 11:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first email which got me on the phone that day on the 5th to ask how long, and then canceled and ask for the return of the passport
Dec 5 2017 Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.
Kind Regards, UK Decision Making Centre
This is what they sent the day after the phone conversation requesting the cancellation and return of the passport. All of a sudden they say "Now a decision has been made"
Dec 6 2017 Thank you for your enquiry. A decision has now been made on your application and I have requested that your passport be returned to you as a matter of urgency.
If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK
Kind Regards...
I inquired and then told then to cancel the application and send the passport back. I checked my phone records and I called them on dec 5 2017
The application couldn't be withdrawn because it was already being processed.
The last email simply tells you that a decision had been made and acknowledges that you had requested the return of 'your' passport, so the writer informed you that they'd asked for this to be done urgently.
Nothing can be done about the refusal, unless you think the refusal was incorrect and there's a right to an administrative review or appeal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.