Visa options for non EU mother of UK baby

Old Feb 24th 2015, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Idioticpollyseas is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Visa options for non EU mother of UK baby

So a run down is this...... Myself UK citizen, full British passport holder born and bred have a 1 year old child (British by desent) with a BP and mother is a non EU passport holder (non married but in a stable relationship of 3 years).

I would like you help in telling me what my options are. I have been out the UK for 5 years travelling and own no home of my own or have job (but do have family). I wish to take my daughter back to the UK to be raised but the problem is how i can bring the childs mother as she needs to be in the childs life.

A family visit visa is out the Q as she could only spend 6 months out of 12 with her daughter and even then i have no "proof" of income to support her. She would not be intending to work or claim benifits. Also the fact that the child is not yet settled in the UK would be another hurdle i presume.

Would the SS route apply in the case of a parent of the child or would we basicly have to just move to a EU country and hope to be anywere in the EU as close as can be to family?

Thanks for any help

Edit to say i forgot to mention about the fact the child is dependent on the mother and most visa sites give guidance on the parent dependent on the child not vice versa

Last edited by Idioticpollyseas; Feb 24th 2015 at 2:18 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa options for non EU mother of UK baby

In order to go the SS route you must show centre of life in another EU country and that means having employment (something which you say you do not, and have not, had), accommodation, life in the community etc.

So, unless you have personal wealth, you would need to obtain employment if only to show that you have the means to support mother and child in order to apply for a family permit for the mother to enter the UK to live.

While you say the mother would not be intending to work or claim benefits how will she support herself if you are not working?
Old Feb 25th 2015, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Idioticpollyseas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
In order to go the SS route you must show centre of life in another EU country and that means having employment (something which you say you do not, and have not, had), accommodation, life in the community etc.

So, unless you have personal wealth, you would need to obtain employment if only to show that you have the means to support mother and child in order to apply for a family permit for the mother to enter the UK to live.

While you say the mother would not be intending to work or claim benefits how will she support herself if you are not working?
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, i should of made myself a bit clearer.

I have no job in the UK at the moment due to being out of the country so long. Getting work upon returning would not be so much of a problem but hitting the 18600 would.
I would have no problem relocting to another EU country and making it my center of life for 6 months or a year and finding work as i have lived in a few EU countries prior to moving the far east my current location.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 2:32 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Idioticpollyseas
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, i should of made myself a bit clearer.

I have no job in the UK at the moment due to being out of the country so long. Getting work upon returning would not be so much of a problem but hitting the 18600 would.
I would have no problem relocting to another EU country and making it my center of life for 6 months or a year and finding work as i have lived in a few EU countries prior to moving the far east my current location.
Hey fella!

I'm in the same boat as you... im in the uk now with my 1 year old son (single dad at the moment) as my wife is back in china... she visits now n then on a family visit visa

I've been going to the courts about this and contacting my local MP see what options i have because it's illegal to separate families...

btw your gf/wife should get a family visit visa... just to show shes on the system and been to uk before.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What nationality is your partner and where are you living at the moment? Does your partner have any European ancestry?
Old Feb 26th 2015, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What nationality is your partner and where are you living at the moment? Does your partner have any European ancestry?
He's currently living in the Far East.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 12:29 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
He's currently living in the Far East.
I suspect that BritinParis was looking something more specific?

e.g. Hong Kong might be an easier nut to crack than, shall we say, North Korea?
Old Mar 11th 2015, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Hey fella!

I'm in the same boat as you... im in the uk now with my 1 year old son (single dad at the moment) as my wife is back in china... she visits now n then on a family visit visa

I've been going to the courts about this and contacting my local MP see what options i have because it's illegal to separate families...

btw your gf/wife should get a family visit visa... just to show shes on the system and been to uk before.
Have you had any response from your MP? What do the courts say?
I'm also separated from my wife, and my son is with her, due to this 6 month pay requirement! well more than that, a few months to find work, then 6 months of work, then 2-3 months waiting for the visa! A long time.
Too much time to split children from their mother or father.
My young boy is suffering everyday without me.

They should be over her now and should be able to apply from the UK!!
Said this a million times and just get so furious thinking about it.
Now with more restrictions, the language tests and reduction of test centres!! (oh and a bunch of Eastern Europeans just moved in next door, don't speak a word of English and don't work!! this just makes me even more furious. why don't they have to prove they can speak English?)

Last edited by alfista1; Mar 11th 2015 at 12:55 am.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:45 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
Have you had any response from your MP? What do the courts say?
I'm also separated from my wife, and my son is with her, due to this 6 month pay requirement! well more than that, a few months to find work, then 6 months of work, then 2-3 months waiting for the visa! A long time.
Too much time to split children from their mother or father.
My young boy is suffering everyday without me.

They should be over her now and should be able to apply from the UK!!
Said this a million times and just get so furious thinking about it.
Now with more restrictions, the language tests and reduction of test centres!! (oh and a bunch of Eastern Europeans just moved in next door, don't speak a word of English and don't work!! this just makes me even more furious. why don't they have to prove they can speak English?)

The MP was a useless *&^@$"" ...... just said get a job im not helping you at all... i told him i better vote labour or ukip then just to piss him off and hung up

courts... Christ home office gave some bs excuse saying we cannot let everyone in blah blah all talk lost the case (but not giving up)

I'm stuck in the cotswolds with my 1 year old son... while his mother has been away since last December. makes my blood boil soo much! and your right... a few foreigners are in the same street as me 2 speak broken English while the older guy doesn't speak a lick of English and yet they come here freely ? but me as a citizen of the land cannot bring my wife who has a degree and speaks perfect English ?

<<removed>>

got some other plan s im a try... ain't giving up.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 19th 2015 at 6:34 am. Reason: How many times do you have to be told to mind your language
Old Mar 12th 2015, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

The MP was a useless *&^@$"" ...... just said get a job im not helping you at all... i told him i better vote labour or ukip then just to piss him off and hung up

courts... Christ home office gave some bs excuse saying we cannot let everyone in blah blah all talk lost the case (but not giving up)

I'm stuck in the cotswolds with my 1 year old son... while his mother has been away since last December. makes my blood boil soo much! and your right... a few foreigners are in the same street as me 2 speak broken English while the older guy doesn't speak a lick of English and yet they come here freely ? but me as a citizen of the land cannot bring my wife who has a degree and speaks perfect English ?

TOTAL BULL F*** SH!T

got some other plan s im a try... ain't giving up.
Feel for you mate I really do. Must be so tough on your son.
Mine suffers every day and a day for a 4 year old is much longer than ours. 9 months must seem like an eternity for them.

In the same boat almost but instead my son is with his mum. Was here for 3 months at primary school and had to take him out as my wife couldn't stay any longer.
Our British neighbours support me and hope my wife/son can come back soon and they also are not happy about all the EU migrants taking up space while they watch us split apart!!

They are treating the BRITISH families as immigrants and let the real immigrants roam around freely.
My wife rightly said we are losing our identity and the MP's are cowards. We are the easy targets.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Also

English language tests will become compulsory for all third country migrants who want to enter the UK as the spouse or a civil partner.
However, they will not apply to the spouses or civil partners of people who are citizens of other members states of the EU.
I have been living in third world latin countries for the last 15 years and the level of English is extraordinarily high especially in Uruguay and Argentina.
Higher than all EU migrants I have met so far in the UK
Most schools are bilingual.

MY 7 YEAR OLD URUGUAYAN NIECE IS LEARNING ALL TENSES OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE at school. 7 YEARS OF AGE!! Third world country not an EU state. I'd like to see others state the past, present, past participle, present perfect etc at 7 years of age.

So why on Earth have they enforced these rules??
They have got them backwards! What planet is the Home Office living on?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 1:29 am
Looking Around~

Feel for you mate I really do. Must be so tough on your son.
Mine suffers every day and a day for a 4 year old is much longer than ours. 9 months must seem like an eternity for them.

In the same boat almost but instead my son is with his mum. Was here for 3 months at primary school and had to take him out as my wife couldn't stay any longer.
Our British neighbours support me and hope my wife/son can come back soon and they also are not happy about all the EU migrants taking up space while they watch us split apart!!

They are treating the BRITISH families as immigrants and let the real immigrants roam around freely.
My wife rightly said we are losing our identity and the MP's are cowards. We are the easy targets.
Damn man.. it's just totally messed up.. well my wife wanted me to take the boy she doesn't want him raised or in china too much trafficking and bad things. plus he's a happy little soul in England, but being a 'single' dad looking for work since December and jobs that offer 18:600 salary it's pathetic.

(i had an interview for a hotel porter which was 18:900 ... didn't give me the job found out the next week Romanian got it...?? my god... (nothing against them) but im very local know the lingo take no bs and yet they hire someone like him with bad accent and they walk all over him pathetic.

I've got a few things to do, but i ain't giving up I've sent letters to all known address queen pm mp's etc just the bollocks reply (we cannot help blah blah) if they wanted to... they could really help get her passport stamped!

But a french guy can visit the UK with his wife from china no problems but me a British BORN CITIZEN cannot ? 9_o i must be LIVING IN A NIGHTMARE.

Sooner the better... if labour win this may it could be good for you and me mate.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Damn man.. it's just totally messed up.. well my wife wanted me to take the boy she doesn't want him raised or in china too much trafficking and bad things. plus he's a happy little soul in England, but being a 'single' dad looking for work since December and jobs that offer 18:600 salary it's pathetic.

(i had an interview for a hotel porter which was 18:900 ... didn't give me the job found out the next week Romanian got it...?? my god... (nothing against them) but im very local know the lingo take no bs and yet they hire someone like him with bad accent and they walk all over him pathetic.

I've got a few things to do, but i ain't giving up I've sent letters to all known address queen pm mp's etc just the bollocks reply (we cannot help blah blah) if they wanted to... they could really help get her passport stamped!

But a french guy can visit the UK with his wife from china no problems but me a British BORN CITIZEN cannot ? 9_o i must be LIVING IN A NIGHTMARE.

Sooner the better... if labour win this may it could be good for you and me mate.
sorry mate really am. took me 3.5 months to get a 19k job.
so I can't take any days off as they take the lowest payslip out of the 6 months.
Have been sick a couple of times and dragged myself into work as not to lose a days pay!! On my way to work a group of migrants (with prams) speaking very bad English asking me where the job centre was, obviously to sign up!!
While there I was with a fever going to work, missing my son and wife who are stuck 8000 miles away.

We are living in a nightmare in the UK. Things must change.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

(oh and a bunch of Eastern Europeans just moved in next door, don't speak a word of English and don't work!! this just makes me even more furious. why don't they have to prove they can speak English?)
Totally different to all the British who move to Spain/Portugal/Italy/etc who don't speak a word of the language then. Right?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Totally different to all the British who move to Spain/Portugal/Italy/etc who don't speak a word of the language then. Right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.