Visa options for non EU mother of infant

Old Jun 29th 2014, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future
Default Visa options for non EU mother of infant

Hi guys and gals.

Wondering what the options are for a visa for my Chinese gf who is the mother to a British Citizen infant child. I plan on going back to the UK for about 3 weeks and would like the childs mother to go as she is the main carer of the child. I understand there is no "bitty" visa but would like to know if there are any options.

Looking on the GOV website just leads me back to the EEA family permit which would not apply to our situation. We need to go back to make the babys Chinese family visa which must be done in the childs country but without the mother there makes life difficult.

What requirements would there be?

Thanks

Edit to say father is British and baby is waiting on passport from HMPO (god help us)

Last edited by johno5175; Jun 29th 2014 at 12:36 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 1:06 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa options for non EU mother of infant

Alright fella,

Your gf would need a 'Family Visit Visa' i would think.

Around 300 quid for 2 years 6 month duration stay - quite easy to get i think. ???

https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa

Fees
It costs £83 to apply.

Long-term visit visa fees are:

1 year - £300
2 years - £300
5 years - £544
10 years - £737

That's what i plan to get for my 'wife' to visit the UK, to see 'family members'

Last edited by Vexcore; Jun 29th 2014 at 1:12 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Cheers mate.

Yea i seen the Family visa but we need a visa for her accompanying the baby. Not visiting. It does not mention that anywhere. You know how they can be. Just accompanying a child. Passing the VAC in guangzhou on tuesday so will inquire then.

Side note mate. Seen your email, will reply when the missus gets back 2mrw with the ipad.

Cheers for the info fella.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 2:01 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Yea mate no worries, (take your time) - As for your visa question.. what about an 'ETD' ???
Old Jun 29th 2014, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Yea mate no worries, (take your time) - As for your visa question.. what about an 'ETD' ???
An ETD would only be for the babs. The problem is mommy. She is not visiting for tourism or vacation. Just accompanying the little 1. Will see what the Visa office say on tuesday. Do you have any Q's you want me to ask them for you while i am there with regards to your wifes visa?
Old Jun 29th 2014, 11:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A family visit visa would be the most appropriate for your situation as presumably your girlfriend will be visiting your family and friends with you.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 1:42 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by johno5175
An ETD would only be for the babs. The problem is mommy. She is not visiting for tourism or vacation. Just accompanying the little 1. Will see what the Visa office say on tuesday. Do you have any Q's you want me to ask them for you while i am there with regards to your wifes visa?
Then man, you need to download this and print it off.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...5356/vaf1b.pdf

You can choose 1/2/5/10 years

Seems pretty straight forward this application form, much more easy then the 'Spouse Visa Form' and the family visit visa doesn't really have big financial requirements (because you're just visiting the UK for a certain amount of time) - you could get the 10 year one and your Girlfriend, wouldn't need to worry anymore Well not for 10 years at least lol

As for my wife's visa? well she's had tourists visas in the past! - the plan was to get a spouse visa but that's gone tits up... because of that bollocks of a financial requirement.... so the route we'll take is 'Family Visit Visa' - at least she can stay in uk for a bit, but i'm going to mither them in the future (Human Rights anyone?) Heh heh UK is soft like that you see...

Or might just move to Italy, 'SS ROUTE' Perhaps? - But also heard that's getting more strict.

Something within the UK/GOV is going to 'give soon' about these spouse visa's etc....

Let us know how you get on man!!