Which visa for Indian national engaged to uk national

Old Sep 27th 2016, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

felicker85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which visa for Indian national engaged to uk national

Hi there,

I am new to the forum so appologises if I am posting this in the wrong place or if the information has already been covered .... I have looked around.

So I am a uk citizen since birth. My fiance is an Indian citizen since birth, however she currently lives in the UAE. She is moving back to India in the beginning of November. We want her to come to the UK so that she can live here and we can eventually marry (I believe this has to take place within 6 months of her relocating).

Which is the correct visa that we need to apply for? We have started the online process on the visa4uk website however we are not sure we have the correct visa, is this the correct way to do it, or do I do some hardcopies of forms. None of it is very clear and I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance.

Greg
Old Sep 27th 2016, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which visa for Indian national engaged to uk national

Originally Posted by felicker85
Hi there,

I am new to the forum so appologises if I am posting this in the wrong place or if the information has already been covered .... I have looked around.

So I am a uk citizen since birth. My fiance is an Indian citizen since birth, however she currently lives in the UAE. She is moving back to India in the beginning of November. We want her to come to the UK so that she can live here and we can eventually marry (I believe this has to take place within 6 months of her relocating).

Which is the correct visa that we need to apply for? We have started the online process on the visa4uk website however we are not sure we have the correct visa, is this the correct way to do it, or do I do some hardcopies of forms. None of it is very clear and I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance.

Greg
If you two wants to marry in the UK, then your Indian fiance will need to get a Marriage Visitor visa from the British consulate in India before entering the UK. Please see link below -

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/overview

It could be easier for you two to marry elsewhere first and then your wife can apply for an UK spouse visa afterwards in order to settle in the UK. Basic information about UK spouse visa can be viewed from the link below -

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk
Old Sep 27th 2016, 8:16 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HKG3
If you two wants to marry in the UK, then your Indian fiance will need to get a Marriage Visitor visa from the British consulate in India before entering the UK. Please see link below -

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/overview

It could be easier for you two to marry elsewhere first and then your wife can apply for an UK spouse visa afterwards in order to settle in the UK. Basic information about UK spouse visa can be viewed from the link below -

This is completely wrong...

Marriage visitor visa is for people who are NOT staying in the UK after.

She needs Fiance visa.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You need to apply for a settlement visa for your fiance. If obtained she would then enter the UK and you would get married within 6 months. You then apply for a Further leave to Remain visa for an additional 2.5 years.

There are financial, accommodation and relationship criteria to fulfill,

The financial are below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Old Sep 27th 2016, 10:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned your fiancee will require a fiancee visa to join you in the UK, marry within six months and then apply to remain.

If you have started the online application this should be Settlement->Settlement->Fiancee.

You will need to fulfil the normal requirements for a spouse visa plus show that your relationship is genuine and your wedding has been planned accordingly - 'eventually marrying' won't cut it.

You'll need to complete the online form, print it off, print and complete Appendix 2 and submit these together with all your original supporting documents.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014
This is completely wrong...

Marriage visitor visa is for people who are NOT staying in the UK after.

She needs Fiance visa.
I may not be clear in my first post, but I did say that it would be best for the couple to get married overseas first and then apply for an UK spouse visa. In the second part of my answer, there is the same link that SanDiegogirl gave in #4.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:33 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HKG3
I may not be clear in my first post, but I did say that it would be best for the couple to get married overseas first and then apply for an UK spouse visa. In the second part of my answer, there is the same link that SanDiegogirl gave in #4.
No.

Your first piece of advise and link is the wrong information.

OP stated fiance wants to live in the UK, which cannot happen on the Marriage Visitor Visa that you advised and linked to.