Visa documents upload

Old Jul 22nd 2019, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Newlyweds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa documents upload

Hi there,

Our spouse application is ready to be submitted. My solicitor has advised that the app used to upload documents is not working so the only option is to send a copy of the documents to London and pay £75/£100 administration fee for them to be scanned.

does anyone know if it’s possible to use the visa4uk site for the visa application and upload through there? Rather than the new site? Or any suggestions of how I can avoid paying the fee?

I’m pretty new to all this and me and my husband (Gambian) are really stressed out because the solicitors are just copying and pasting off the internet and using this as their advice!

any help would be appreciated
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 12:03 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa documents upload

Who is where and where are you submitting the application?
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Who is where and where are you submitting the application?
Hi,

thank you for your your quick reply.

I’m so sorry. I’m in the UK he is currently in The Gambia. I’m submitting the application on his behalf from the UK.

Can I also ask, would you recommend me changing solicitors at this stage? My husband says we should just stay with the ones we have because it’s ready to be submitted.

I just feel I’m more knowledgable (from researching) than the solicitors at the moment. Even though they have good reviews!

thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

MuhammadH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I think I was in same your problem, because if we use visa4uk we cant use any benefit from the online support that the TLS offer like to scan the documents online.
you are suppose to be able to scan it for free before the biometric but I dont know how or where.
https://static.tlscontact.com/media/...al_process.pdf

in this link it say what is your solicitor advise to do.. what I did was that I sent the documents through the post to the PO box given to me (last month). but they say they wont accept documents after 31st of july. so I am not sure what is the best to do in your case now
Old Jul 24th 2019, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Hi,

thank you for that info.

yes we tried applying through the visa4uk but it wasn’t allowing us to set up a log in and this was a few weeks ago.
My solicitor has advised that once submitted if the upload online app doesn’t work then the only choice will be to send it to London but I just don’t want to pay £75/£100 for them to upload documents!

its extortion but it looks like it maybe my only choice.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Newlyweds
Hi,

thank you for that info.

yes we tried applying through the visa4uk but it wasn’t allowing us to set up a log in and this was a few weeks ago.
My solicitor has advised that once submitted if the upload online app doesn’t work then the only choice will be to send it to London but I just don’t want to pay £75/£100 for them to upload documents!

its extortion but it looks like it maybe my only choice.
Hi,

Unfortunately it must be done. For the sake of the entire application you should not risk it.
I had a similar instance when it was scanned but still had to pay again for the scanning facility in the U.K VFS.
It is obviously a money making procedure from VFS, a private documentation processing company.

Old Jul 25th 2019, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your response,

my solicitor has advised the same. On the form where it says national ID card number does anyone know if it should be the card number or the actual id number. My solicitor has no clue.

do you think it’s worth changing them at this point? As it’s ready to submit but every time I check the application I find a new error!
Old Jul 25th 2019, 8:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you change solicitors? Why not just sack them for incompetence (requesting a refund) and do it yourself? The vast majority of people on the forum do their own applications, there is no need to pay anybody unless you have complicated circumstances.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that, I don’t know I could do that.

I suppose I am just worried that’s all and I have no clue what to right on the cover letter.

but I’ll look into this,
thank you
Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newlyweds
Thank you for that, I don’t know I could do that.

I suppose I am just worried that’s all and I have no clue what to right on the cover letter.

So just ask on BE! Most have donetheir own apps, I don't even know if a cover letter is required is it?
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by niv619
Hi,

Unfortunately it must be done. For the sake of the entire application you should not risk it.
I had a similar instance when it was scanned but still had to pay again for the scanning facility in the U.K VFS.
It is obviously a money making procedure from VFS, a private documentation processing company.
how did you know that you have to scan it in the scanning center? did they tell you to do that?
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MuhammadH
how did you know that you have to scan it in the scanning center? did they tell you to do that?
Upon previous application (this is now my second) I just sent the documents to my wife where she scanned at VFS along with giving her biometrics.

This time at the VFS centre it was advised that UKVI now require documents to be sent to Sheffield. I spoke to a person from VFS abroad to confirm this.

So after paying and sending documents abroad (India) then doing the same again to send back here. I was advised by VFS here in the U.K that UKVI don't take hard copies and had to get the documents scanned a second time! Yes paying again.
​​​​​​
Ridiculous and doesn't make sense but had to be done. Just taking money from vulnerable people already spending thousands for the application as is it.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Upon previous application (this is now my second) I just sent the documents to my wife where she scanned at VFS along with giving her biometrics.

This time at the VFS centre it was advised that UKVI now require documents to be sent to Sheffield. I spoke to a person from VFS abroad to confirm this.

So after paying and sending documents abroad (India) then doing the same again to send back here. I was advised by VFS here in the U.K that UKVI don't take hard copies and had to get the documents scanned a second time! Yes paying again.
​​​​​​
Ridiculous and doesn't make sense but had to be done. Just taking money from vulnerable people already spending thousands for the application as is it.
I am asking because they advised me to send the hard copies to Sheffield and I did that but then I am afraid that I need to scan it and I don't know how I know if they got it or no?
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MuhammadH
I am asking because they advised me to send the hard copies to Sheffield and I did that but then I am afraid that I need to scan it and I don't know how I know if they got it or no?

Not to worry you and it should be fine as UKVI would just send the documents back to your return address or better still just look at the paperwork and then send to you.
​​you.

However upon my experience the scanning procedure seems to be what the UKVI are implementing across the board.

I even called/emailed the UKVI to confirm they had recieved the documents, which they did.

You should also email them to make sure they have recieved your application.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Not to worry you and it should be fine as UKVI would just send the documents back to your return address or better still just look at the paperwork and then send to you.
​​you.

However upon my experience the scanning procedure seems to be what the UKVI are implementing across the board.

I even called/emailed the UKVI to confirm they had recieved the documents, which they did.

You should also email them to make sure they have recieved your application.
yes I will do that, thank you