VFS office Osaka, scanning service

Old May 20th 2018, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

FlotsomJetsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VFS office Osaka, scanning service

Thanks for your information! Ha we have been in contact with them and they sent us EXACTLY the same mail back.

Can you tell me how long after the support documents were returned that you received your visa? Ours were returned to the agency we used on Wednesday, so I&m hoping that means we are close...

I hope it comes soon, we are both so anxious and just want a decision so we can get on with our lives :-(
Old May 21st 2018, 1:29 pm
Yuu
Just Joined

Yuu is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh you got the same response too
I had replied to them trying to get more details but they gave me the same response again! What a waste of money!

OK, here's my timeline if that helps:
Date Online application submitted: 10 Mar 2018, biometrics taken: 15 Mar 2018
Date support documents submitted (via UK domestic delivery, presumably received the next day): 22 Mar 2018
Date documentation was returned by UKVI: 27 Apr 2018, Email confirmation received: 30 Apr 2018
SMS and email from VFS (The processed visa application was received at visa centre): 7 and 8 May 2018
- Vignette: 2nd Jul - 1st Aug 2018, BRP collection: available from 9 Jul (asked for 9 Jul as the travel date)

The letter from UKVI (received along with the passport) was dated 3 May, so it actually took just about 4 business days to make a decision after the support docs were returned, although SMS came after the Golden Week holiday.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old May 30th 2018, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Hello!

Just to to let you know that we (finally!) got our visa this morning. I think it must have taken them a lot of time to get through my self-employment documents, but 67 working days is crazy!

Thanks for your information before, it was nice to be in contact with someone in the same position.

I hope you have an amazing new life in the UK!

Old May 31st 2018, 10:14 am
Yuu
Just Joined

Oh, congrats!!! 67 days are too long for priority application.... Anyway, it was nice to find somebody applied at the same time indeed
Now we are super-busy doing packing etc, but I am excited to (be able to) move to UK eventually.
Hope you have a great new life in the UK too!
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dominic2401 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Just wondering which service you used in Japan to translate required documents such as bills or contracts, etc?
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

We used the ‘Honyaku Center’ for pretty much everything. They are quite quick and prices are reasonable.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 10:39 pm
Yuu
Just Joined

Hiya!
I used Office L for my Certificate of Residence which costs JPY4320. It is a small office run by a Japanese woman but she is experienced and reliable.
I got price quotations from Honyaku center (which would cost JPY5724) and also from Franchir (which would cost 4320 per person plus 2160 per additional family member listed). Honyaku center is a major translation company very trustworthy, Franchir has foreign-national sales representatives who apparently do check the documents by native English speakers.
Actually, I have used Francir before for my family registry translation to get our daughter's birth registration (which I also submitted as part of my support docs).
And for less important document, I did it and certified by myself because I am a translator (it's a certificate of the contract for my sub-work which is not mandatory to include in the support docs but added just in case), altough it's not recommended
Hope it helps!
Old Jun 20th 2018, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Can anybody tell me if this Japanese marriage certificate is okay? If so we will get it translated.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 12:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dominic2401
Can anybody tell me if this Japanese marriage certificate is okay? If so we will get it translated.
Looks okay to me. Both your names are listed.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 2:52 am
Yuu
Just Joined

Hi!

Yes this is the official "Certificate of Acceptance of Marriage (kon-in todoke juri shoumeisho)" which proves that you have registered your marriage(submitted your marriage notification"kon-in todoke"). Sorry to respond you late, I was so busy packing and getting ready to move! Good luck to your wife's application
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yuu
Hi!

Yes this is the official "Certificate of Acceptance of Marriage (kon-in todoke juri shoumeisho)" which proves that you have registered your marriage(submitted your marriage notification"kon-in todoke"). Sorry to respond you late, I was so busy packing and getting ready to move! Good luck to your wife's application
not at all, thank you for helping us! Good luck with packing, going to be stressful! Out of interest, who are you using to move your items?
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 10:39 am
Yuu
Just Joined

not at all, thank you for helping us! Good luck with packing, going to be stressful! Out of interest, who are you using to move your items?
Thanks! We are using Japan Post's international parcel post service because they give you 10% discount when more than 10 items (boxes) are sent at once.
Other moving services are generally expensive and we just send clothes and other small stuff, so normal international parcels will be sufficient.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Getting ready to post my application and wondered which services in are able to send to British PO boxes.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 7:28 am
Yuu
Just Joined

Hi, don’t think there’s any service available that delivers docs to UK PO box from Japan(as long as I know, unless you have a corporate account at DHL). We had to send the docs to my husband’s father in UK and he sent to there. I remember other people did the same.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yuu
Hi, don’t think there’s any service available that delivers docs to UK PO box from Japan(as long as I know, unless you have a corporate account at DHL). We had to send the docs to my husband’s father in UK and he sent to there. I remember other people did the same.
I see!

well it seems from the previous thread and emails that can use a courier to send to the physical address which is fine. I’ll just do that.

out of interest I realise this isn’t what you did and you handled it in the UK but any idea what I would say or explain, or even if this is a thing that is possible to do, how would I ask to make a prepaid envelope / slip I can stick on an envelope?

ill probably use EMS to send stuff to the address...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.