Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

VFS Biometrics appointments - Frustration beyond measure.

VFS Biometrics appointments - Frustration beyond measure.

Old Mar 16th 2022, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute
Default VFS Biometrics appointments - Frustration beyond measure.

We went through the whole online filing process (2+ hours) tonight for my French wife's visa, paid the NHS and VISA fees, $5.5k shelled out and then boom! We went to the VFS website to try and book a biometrics appointment and nothing available, anywhere, on any date across 15 different service centers in the US.
I also tried 2 different browsers. Is this the new COVID reality, just keep trying in the hope that we get lucky as the website suggests? I am about ready to cancel the whole visa application and say F it. This is insanely bad service, considering I am paying for it. It's also amazing that you cannot determine how long or if you can get an appointment before paying A LOT of money upfront. Criminal!

Any ideas most welcome.... I'm super frustrated with this whole process.

Thanks!

Last edited by TimFountain; Mar 16th 2022 at 4:30 am.
Old Mar 16th 2022, 2:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VFS Biometrics appointments - Frustration beyond measure.

Appointment availability is very scarce at the moment, a result of increasing demand and lingering effect of Covid restrictions. Try again first thing in the morning when the new slots are released.
Old Mar 17th 2022, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VFS Biometrics appointments - Frustration beyond measure.

Thank you. We are 99% of the way to deciding to cancel the whole visa application and calling it a day for the next couple of years. The Ukraine situation has thrown a spanner in the works, as the UK is prioritizing asylum seekers, and the UK immigration authorities have abandoned any concept of meeting deadlines, with the cancellation of premium processing. The lack of any time slots at any USCIS offices for biometrics within 1000 miles and the next 4 months was the nail in the coffin. I also heard on other immigration sites that with the lifting of COVD restrictions in the UK, coupled with COVID theoretically diminishing elsewhere, that they have been deluged with travel and business visa applications. It really was the perfect shit storm in terms of timing, and I do not want to split the family up, with my spouse having no clue as to when a visa might be issued. It really is an appalling mess for a service that was touted as being self-funded in addition to being extremely expensive.. /end rant/

Last edited by TimFountain; Mar 17th 2022 at 6:10 am.