VAF4A form, bringing a British child

Old Feb 4th 2016, 1:50 am
Just Joined

plimper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VAF4A form, bringing a British child

Good morning,

I have a question about the VAF4A form, specifically part 4. My wife and I have a daughter with British citizenship, and we are going down the savings route.

1.27 Does your sponsor have any children? YES
(details of our daughter)

1.28 Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially, including any children listed above? YES
(same details of our daughter)

Ok, no problem. Category 3.2, checked "Applying with no child dependents under 18".
Completed part 3F about cash savings.

Then this is the confusing thing. Part 4, "Maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirement", states that I need to complete it if I'm not required to complete section 3 (which I am, and did) and "children who are not required to meet the financial requirement". So I assume I need to complete it based on this. I can write about my current job, no problem.

4.11 Does your sponsor have any savings, property or other income (...) and is this money under their control?
I answered this already in 3F. Do I just say "Yes, see section 3F"..?

4.15 Is your sponsor responsible for anyone else's financial support?
I assume I put YES and the same information above about my daughter? What about my wife, who is a housewife?

4.16 Do you have any income or savings that will still be available to you once you come to the UK?
Again, this is all the stuff I put in 3F. Do I just say "Yes, see section 3F" again?

Thanks for the help. If anybody has gone down this route before, I'd appreciate any feedback.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAF4A form, bringing a British child

As far as I am aware, you do not fill in the maintenance part at all as you are not exempt from the financial requirement. You are applying using savings and that is the only part you should complete. Is there some where that you indicate your dependent daughter is a UKC? If so, do indicate that. If there is no tick box for that, explain she is UKC in the extra information box.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 10:15 am
Just Joined

That's what I thought too, Michali. In section 1.27 I have written that we have a daughter together and she is British. However section 4 clearly says it needs to be completed if there "are children who are not required to meet the financial requirement". So I'm quite confused...
Old Feb 4th 2016, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I am still pretty sure that whole section is only for those who are exempt and have to prove maintenance, which would include their dependent children.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks Michali. The wording is very confusing. I see this question was also discussed here, without a resolution;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...fusion-855787/