US/UK Passports

Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:53 am
Just Joined

cymru65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question US/UK Passports

I took the Citizenship test back last year and now I have a US passport as well as my UK passport, I'm traveling to the UK in a few days and I'm not really sure what I should do, can I travel to the UK on my UK passport and return on the US passport??? OR do I have to travel on the US passport both ways.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US/UK Passports

Originally Posted by cymru65
I took the Citizenship test back last year and now I have a US passport as well as my UK passport, I'm traveling to the UK in a few days and I'm not really sure what I should do, can I travel to the UK on my UK passport and return on the US passport??? OR do I have to travel on the US passport both ways.
Bring both passports with you. Enter the UK on your UK passport. Enter the USA on your USA passport.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:09 am
Just Joined

cymru65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Bring both passports with you. Enter the UK on your UK passport. Enter the USA on your USA passport.

Rene
Thank you!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of these FAQs--they will be important to you!!

Dual Citizenship FAQ: Dual Nationality and United States Law
by Rich Wales
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

LUNDUNA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Do you have to give up your citizenship for the UK if you become a citizen of the US?

Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LUNDUNA
Hi,

Do you have to give up your citizenship for the UK if you become a citizen of the US?

Thanks
No
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Schweeeeeeeeet!!!

Thanks BILL
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Read the post directly above your question, and follow the link.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:02 am
Just Joined

thanks meauxna
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

basically you have to enter and leave the US on your US passport AFAIK. Since you have to leave on your US passport I'm not sure if that means you have to enter the UK on it, too, or if they don't keep track of these things.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

No, but you do give up certain wonderful benefits... like being able to serve in her majesty's armed forces! Essentially the US turns a blind eye to your UK passport unless you start flouting it, then it gets pissy!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:24 am
Just Joined

oh really...damn....i was wondering if i would be handed a rifle when i landed in Heathrow and asked to fight if i want to step foot back in old blighty