Urgent help filling out C2 UK passport renewal form!

Old Jul 26th 2012, 5:15 am
Just Joined

floppyearedrabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent help filling out C2 UK passport renewal form!

Hi! I live in America and my daughter's UK passport needs to be renewed since it has expired, I'm sending the passport renewal application form plus documents to Washington D.C. since that the assigned processing center for the country I'm living in riht now but at the moment I'm having difficulty filling out this form on the following section
- Section 1B "Was the Child registered as a British Citizen, BritishDependent/Overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen, British Subject or British Protected Person?"
I have to tick YES or NO

I don't want to sound silly but it is a bit confusing, do they mean that if my daughter has a birth certificate (and she does since she was born in the UK) I should tick YES? and then fill out the details ofnthe citizenship documents (certificate number)?
I don't want to guess or take chances on this one since it could mean that my renewal application could be denied and I'd have to start all over again, God Forbid! Could someone who has experience filling out this renewal form and has allready had their passport returned enlighten me on this please? I know this same question was posted 2 yrs ago but the member never got a sure answer to her question and apparently she ended up following her gut feeling and ticking YES and included her child's birth certificate, unfortunately she never posted back informing about the outcome of the application form, if it was accepted or declined.
Please help!! ALso in section 7 "UNDERTAKINGS" where it asks for the parent or guardian's signature inside a box, it also asks to describe what the relationship to the child is, should I write MOTHER inside the box under my signature? or outside the box and just leave the signature inside?

Sorry again! I'm so stressed and the helpline is not so helpful, I'd rather be safe then sorry

Thanks in advance for all your responses
Old Jul 26th 2012, 5:27 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help filling out C2 UK passport renewal form!

As you are renewing the passport, and not applying for a first one, this all seems irrelevant. Are you sure you are filling in the right form?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Thnks for responding, yes , this is the correct form when you are British citizen under 16 and lives outside the UK
Old Jul 26th 2012, 5:48 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

What is the form number? - I will look at it and see if I can help.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much , it is C2 Form for uk applicants under the age of 16 and there is also a guideline to fill out the form which is the C2 Notes but I found it very confusing on this issue. You can download C2 application form here:
http://www.gov.ai.forms/passport/form-c2.pdf

and the second one here: www.abriggs.com/pdf/c2notes04.pdf
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Yes the form is C2 for british applicants under 16 and alos
C2 Notes (guiline to filling out application form)
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:38 am
BE Irregular

Originally Posted by floppyearedrabbit
Yes the form is C2 for british applicants under 16 and alos
C2 Notes (guiline to filling out application form)
Yes, I realized that is in the thread title! I just read up.

The answer to question 1b is "yes", based on the fact this is a renewal. You have an existing/expired passport - right? The renewal will not be denied if the circumstances are the same.

The signature/box thing is definitely ambiguous. I say sign, and write mother inside the box.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:43 am
Just Joined

So I write down number and issue date of my daughters birth certificate then?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Im attaching her expired passport by the way....
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:00 am
BE Irregular

Im attaching her expired passport by the way....
That should do it.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:04 am
BE Irregular

So I write down number and issue date of my daughters birth certificate then?
Not needed. They already issued a passport, so already have that info.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all your help
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:48 am
BE Irregular

Now that is out of the way, have you considered US citizenship for the Sprog? Generally speaking dual nationality is a good thing. Perhaps Dad is a USC?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Section 1B "Was the Child registered as a British Citizen, BritishDependent/Overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen, British Subject or British Protected Person?"
I have to tick YES or NO

I don't want to sound silly but it is a bit confusing, do they mean that if my daughter has a birth certificate (and she does since she was born in the UK) I should tick YES? and then fill out the details ofnthe citizenship documents (certificate number)?
If your daughter was born in the UK, and was British at birth then the answer would be no. She was not registered as a British citizen, she was British at birth.

Presumably you would know if you applied for her registration as a British citizen through UKBA?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:21 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
If your daughter was born in the UK, and was British at birth then the answer would be no. She was not registered as a British citizen, she was British at birth.

Presumably you would know if you applied for her registration as a British citizen through UKBA?
I agree with that.

Here's a screen shot of the question the OP is querying:
Attached Thumbnails Urgent help filling out C2 UK passport renewal form!-screen-shot-2012-07-26-8.19.27-am.png  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.