URGENT - can anyone help? Source of savings

Old Aug 4th 2015, 12:17 am
Just Joined

worriedabroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation URGENT - can anyone help? Source of savings

Hi, I mailed off my application today but realized a problem:

Towards the end of the six-month period we added the proceeds of the sale of a car to the savings account we used to meet the financial requirements.

Since these funds were not included in the amount we were using to meet the requirement I did not declare the source. I didn't want to muddy the waters. Now I'm worried they will see several thousand $$ on the statement and want to know where it's from, even though it's in addition to the required 62,500.

Do I need to try to get the courier to hold the delivery and return the documents to me so I can declare the source of monies over 62,500??

Please help!! I'm so worried it'll be refused and we'll lose all our application fees.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT - can anyone help? Source of savings

I would not worry about the additional amount.

As long as you had the necessary minimum in the account for 6 months you should be fine.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 2:43 am
Just Joined

worriedabroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply - I hope you're right! Now to wait it out.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

Originally Posted by worriedabroad
Hi, I mailed off my application today but realized a problem:

Towards the end of the six-month period we added the proceeds of the sale of a car to the savings account we used to meet the financial requirements.

Since these funds were not included in the amount we were using to meet the requirement I did not declare the source. I didn't want to muddy the waters. Now I'm worried they will see several thousand $$ on the statement and want to know where it's from, even though it's in addition to the required 62,500.

Do I need to try to get the courier to hold the delivery and return the documents to me so I can declare the source of monies over 62,500??

Please help!! I'm so worried it'll be refused and we'll lose all our application fees.
We had more in ours than was needed and only declared the source for what we used for financial requirement. Ours was approved so I wouldn't worry. 😊
Old Aug 6th 2015, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

We had more too but only gave one source, which was salary. Don't worry! They are happy if you have more, it is only if you have less that there is a problem!