UK Visitor Visa - Staying for 6 Months

Old Feb 10th 2019, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

steve0084 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Visitor Visa - Staying for 6 Months

Hi everyone. I am a British citizen, currently in the Philippines with my wife and child, and I have an unusual question.

When applying for a UK visitor visa most people will state that they intend to stay for less than a month, for the obvious reasons that if they stay longer the cost of the trip will be beyond their financial capabilities and that they need to get leave from work in the country they're from. I would like to know what are the consequences of staying beyond the stated time and staying for up to 6 months, not from the point of view of applying as a visitor again in the future (I assume that would harm your chances of getting a visitor visa again very much), but from the point of view of someone intending to apply for a spouse visa in the future.

Will a spousal visa application be adversely affected by having stayed in the UK beyond the time you stated whilst applying for a visitor visa?

I ask because (as I've discussed in previous threads) I am currently in the Philippines, self-employed and my annual income is below the £18,600 threshold. So I am thinking of going back to the UK to get a job for at least 6 months so I can meet the financial requirements. What puts me off about this option is being away from my wife and child for a long time. If they could stay as visitors in the UK for 6 months, without future consequence, it would make things easier.

I hope and would be grateful if anyone can offer me any advice.
Old Feb 10th 2019, 9:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Visitor Visa - Staying for 6 Months

Committing deliberate deception for any visa application is a serious matter and may affect any future visa applications up to and including a ten year ban. Be honest with your intentions. You certainly won’t be the first or last couple to face this problem although her application is much more likely to succeed if you move back first and find work. As mentioned before your child will need their British passport before any trip to the UK can happen for them.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Okay, thanks. It was probably a silly question to ask.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 8:59 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve0084
Okay, thanks. It was probably a silly question to ask.
It wasn't a silly question, you didn't know so you asked and unlike some people who crack the shits when they find out that what they were thinking of doing is not ok, you're taking it on board and appreciate being given straight information. Just the sort of BE member I like
Old Feb 11th 2019, 9:17 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It wasn't a silly question, you didn't know so you asked and unlike some people who crack the shits when they find out that what they were thinking of doing is not ok, you're taking it on board and appreciate being given straight information. Just the sort of BE member I like
Quite. Or going ahead anyway and then complaining loudly about the vicious British state breaking up families when it all ends in tears.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 9:37 am
Just Joined

accutalk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve0084
Hi everyone. I am a British citizen, currently in the Philippines with my wife and child, and I have an unusual question.

When applying for a UK visitor visa most people will state that they intend to stay for less than a month, for the obvious reasons that if they stay longer the cost of the trip will be beyond their financial capabilities and that they need to get leave from work in the country they're from. I would like to know what are the consequences of staying beyond the stated time and staying for up to 6 months, not from the point of view of applying as a visitor again in the future (I assume that would harm your chances of getting a visitor visa again very much), but from the point of view of someone intending to apply for a spouse visa in the future.

Will a spousal visa application be adversely affected by having stayed in the UK beyond the time you stated whilst applying for a visitor visa?

I ask because (as I've discussed in previous threads) I am currently in the Philippines, self-employed and my annual income is below the £18,600 threshold. So I am thinking of going back to the UK to get a job for at least 6 months so I can meet the financial requirements. What puts me off about this option is being away from my wife and child for a long time. If they could stay as visitors in the UK for 6 months, without future consequence, it would make things easier.

I hope and would be grateful if anyone can offer me any advice.
Do not even risk it. not worth it
Old Feb 12th 2019, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all for your replies, we certainly won't risk it.