UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

Old Jan 30th 2014, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

Thanks everyone for their replies.

As you warned I see a lot of blogs about spouses being refused entry even on tourist visas visiting!!
it has been recommended to apply for a family visitor visa.

My mother had a brain aneurysm last october and I had to visit, very easy entry now for Brits, self scanning machines to enter.

I think we'll apply for a family visitor visa for my wife and son to come with me while I look for work (visiting my parents and brothers). Then they will return before the 6 months finish until I have done my 'time' before applying for the spouse visa.

Not sure how to handle my son's paperwork yet.
I was just about to send off paperwork to the UK for his UK passport but as I'm going to UK I believe I can do it from there. Besides that I need a witness with a UK passport to sign the papers. I need to research into that more.

So he could enter on his Uruguayan passport with my wife on a family visitor visa if granted.

What are your opinions on this option?

Also is it true that there is a high court appeal against this financial restriction and could it be overturned in the near future?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm now reading the SS route as it has been tightened.

As some recommended here it may be an option for us to go to Spain. We have some uruguayan friends in Torrevieja.
We could reside there for a year or two integrating ourselves into the community showing our centre of lives are there.
12 hours a week of work? Is that true?

My father also spends some months there a year as he has a house there.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spoke with the wife.
She is totally against living in any other eu country especially with our 3 year old taking him in and out of school systems.

Looks like we'll have to do it the uk way!!

So family visitor visa for her to start with while I look for work?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Summing up all our savings (selling car) with severance pay etc we reach about 90, 000 usd.

We may be able to reach 62, 500 pounds and wait 6 months.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

It sounds like you may be close to having the 62K for you to use the savings route. Could someone "gift you" the difference? The money has to be in bank for six months before you apply.
Cheers
Nigel
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ncoomber
It sounds like you may be close to having the 62K for you to use the savings route. Could someone "gift you" the difference? The money has to be in bank for six months before you apply.
Cheers
Nigel
Yep we could ask for a few extra bob from parents.

Will begin selling all of my toys etc. Bikes guitars whatever .

Think we can get to 100k usd and keep it in one account for 6 months.

This way I do not need the job offer no?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
Yep we could ask for a few extra bob from parents.

Will begin selling all of my toys etc. Bikes guitars whatever .

Think we can get to 100k usd and keep it in one account for 6 months.

This way I do not need the job offer no?
Correct .... if you can qualify under savings/investments (62,500 in your name and holding it for 6 months minimum) you don't have to have a job to go to in the UK.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Correct .... if you can qualify under savings/investments (62,500 in your name and holding it for 6 months minimum) you don't have to have a job to go to in the UK.
Our savings will come to about 54k.

Now if we rent our apartment for 440 a month as mentioned before does this have to have been rented for a six month period also?

I am thinking once we rent our place and we have the savings the total amount needed drops as stated before to about 50k

May need to live with the in laws for 6 months! !!
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I'm about to attempt a Surinder Singh application myself for my better half. Our circumstances are not usual however and with the toughening up of the rules I'm not as hopeful as I was.
BritinParis: I just wanted to wish you bucketfuls of good luck. You're an incredible resource to so many on here. You deserve all the 'good karma' you can get. All the best to you. M

Last edited by MrMuffin; Jan 30th 2014 at 8:06 pm. Reason: Edits for clarity
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Our savings will come to about 54k.

Now if we rent our apartment for 440 a month as mentioned before does this have to have been rented for a six month period also?

I am thinking once we rent our place and we have the savings the total amount needed drops as stated before to about 50k

May need to live with the in laws for 6 months! !!
Do what you need to do. We're going through the same cr*p ourselves and are moving later this year (savings route). Good luck to you!!
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrMuffin
Do what you need to do. We're going through the same cr*p ourselves and are moving later this year (savings route). Good luck to you!!
Thanks. Good luck to you too.

Now my doubt is this:

If we have savings of 50k for example for six months and then rent out our apartment at the last moment before we apply to compensate for the missing 12500 would this work?
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Good luck to you too.

Now my doubt is this:

If we have savings of 50k for example for six months and then rent out our apartment at the last moment before we apply to compensate for the missing 12500 would this work?
I don't understand this suggestion.

I presume you are going to apply under Category D (savings etc) so how does renting out your apartment at the last minute provide you with the 12,500 UKP you need to qualify?

Here is further information regarding how rental income can be used as to qualify under financial requirements:

10. In respect of non-employment income all the following evidence, in relation to the form of income relied upon, must be provided:

(a) To evidence property rental income:

(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for which the rental income is received, through:

(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or
(2) A mortgage statement.

(ii) personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.

As you can see you need to show 12 months of rental income prior to the date of application

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jan 30th 2014 at 11:48 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I don't understand this suggestion.

I presume you are going to apply under Category D (savings etc) so how does renting out your apartment at the last minute provide you with the 12,500 UKP you need to qualify?

Here is further information regarding how rental income can be used as to qualify under financial requirements:

10. In respect of non-employment income all the following evidence, in relation to the form of income relied upon, must be provided:

(a) To evidence property rental income:

(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for which the rental income is received, through:

(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or
(2) A mortgage statement.

(ii) personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.

As you can see you need to show 12 months of rental income prior to the date of application
Thanks for that clarification.
What sons of dogs they are!! Really really discriminating against their own people.

I could own a million dollar property but still not take my wife whereas a poor unskilled eu member can enter with no restrictions! !
Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that clarification.
What sons of dogs they are!! Really really discriminating against their own people.

I could own a million dollar property but still not take my wife whereas a poor unskilled eu member can enter with no restrictions! !
I believe you can claim an exemption under the Daily Fail gone to the dogs disgusted of Tunbridge Wells integration criteria.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

Hi alfista,
I got no idea what the last poster was trying to say?
You are right, it is all very wrong. It very frustrating to be treated this way. The way the rules work at the moment mean that essentially a large segment of the British public can no longer marry a non EU foreigner (well they can marry but they cant live together in the UK at least). You have to be in a very stable job (which in todays world is not so easy - I seem to change my job through no real fault of my own about every six months) or you have to be rich. People on the low end of the pay scales simply cant marry a foreigner and live together in the UK. That is just wrong. Now I am hoping to move back from the US this summer with 3 kids and a USC wife. I am luckier than a lot. I have managed to cash in a 401K pension (at great cost I might add) and use some savings that my dad had given to my kids and some money my dad left me when he died last year and just have enough in savings. You too are close in savings. You must know enough people that can "gift" you the difference. Personally I don't mind you coming on here an moaning about it. But you have to accept what it is and if you want to move back home with your family you probably can. Some can't. Once home we all need to contact our member of parliament and let them know how wrong this all is. Also encourage our family and friends in the UK to do likewise. Good luck to you. Good luck all. And again thanks to all who contribute to this forum. Its a huge help.
Cheers
Nigel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.