UK Subject Access Help!

Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Stephanie11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Subject Access Help!

Hi all, I'm new to this community, but not to the K-1 Process!
I'm American, and my Fiance is from New Zealand. He resided in Cardiff, Wales for 2 years on a work visa, and this subject access form is causing us DELAYS!

Fortunatley, we applied thru the VSC, and received an approval on May 22nd. He received the packet of info from the Consulate in Auckland on June 6th. SO that's our brief history, and now enter the problems.

He has been attempting to get this darn Police Clearance since the very beginning. Had a friend who resides in the UK help, although unfortunately they didn't, just wasted our time. Anyways, after being referred to the British High Commission in Wellington, NZ, he was told to send them his passport, with some other evidence so that they could notorize a copy for him to send with the Subject Access Form. He hasn't received this back yet, but should any day now.

My question is where does he send it? He mentioned there are 2 places he can send, guess the National I.S. or Met Police. I read somewhere, that if you live outside of the UK you MUST send it to the police of the city in which you resided. Now the woman at the British High Commission, did not mention that he would have to do this. So I'm not sure what he should do? Send it directly to Scotland Yard or what???

This downright sucks, that we have the approval, and have been trying since day 1 to get this damn police clearance, yet we still have not submitted the form! And yes i know about the statutory 40 day, if not more process time! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thanks for listening!
Regards and Best of Luck to ALL with their K-1 Visa Journey!
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just looked at the Metropolitan Police site and on the access information part they show a link to other police forces in the UK. You can't send it to the Met Police as they only cover London.

http://www.police.uk/forces.asp

I imagine Cardiff comes under "South Wales Constabulary". Follow the link below

http://www.south-wales.police.uk/gen_info/index.htm

This shows you what you have to do - application form is downloadable.

Good luck
Old Jul 1st 2003, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Stephanie11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Catwhiskers for your help! :-)
Take Care