UK Spouse Visa Urgent Bank Branch Query

Old Feb 28th 2019, 8:01 am
wam
Forum Regular

wam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa Urgent Bank Branch Query

Hi Guys,

Just a very quick query. I am applying for my Spouse's VISA soon. I have got my original account with Bank of Scotland because I used to live in Scotland but I have been in England for last 2.5yrs and I do all my bank related business with Halifax because there is no Bank of Scotland branch near me. Halifax and Bank of Scotland are both part of the same Lloyds Banking Group which is a well-known fact.

So, the bank account statement I have got issued is done in the Halifax branch on their letter head. Do you think that'll be an issue and HO will not like it? Obviously the bank statement mentions my bank account number and sort code.

Thanks.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 12:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa Urgent Bank Branch Query

If your bank statements have been printed by Halifax, how would the HO know that your bank account is actually with BoS?
Old Feb 28th 2019, 12:44 pm
wam
Forum Regular

I am applying under Cat 'C' and in that you have to mention account details in Account/reference details box in Appendix 2 form.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 12:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would just quote the account number.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 12:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Really not an issue, but if you're worried you could refer to it as a Halifax-Bank of Scotland account. So long as you have the money and the statements support that you won't have a problem.

If you had it in some little-known off-shore bank in the Bahamas, then you might need to worry more, but with a Lloyds- Halifax-BoS account, supported by statements on letterhead paper, I doubt anyone would give it a second thought as to whether the account is actually a Lloyds account, a Halifax account, or a BoS account.

You could try looking up the sort code on your account (Google is your friend ) and seeing what bank it is linked to - if it shows "Bank of Scotland" then you should probably attach a brief note to explain that your account was originally a Bank of Scotland account, but is now managed jointly by Halifax-BoS.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 28th 2019 at 12:57 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 9:18 am
wam
Forum Regular

thanks