Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK spouse VISA from Pakistan, URGENT. "Scanned at VAC or Post to Sheffield"

UK spouse VISA from Pakistan, URGENT. "Scanned at VAC or Post to Sheffield"

Old Feb 27th 2019, 10:02 pm
wam
Forum Regular

wam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse VISA from Pakistan, URGENT. "Scanned at VAC or Post to Sheffield"

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife are applying for spouse visa soon. I am based in UK and my wife in Pakistan. I have an urgent query regarding how the supporting documents are going to be submitted after Biometric appointment. On the VFS global website [[url]https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/how-to-apply] it says that all the supporting documents are to be scanned with barcode separator at the VAC but its not clear yet. Since on the forums everyone says it needs to be posted by the Sponser (me in our case) to Sheffield.Can anyone please help? Do I have to send all the documents I have with me in UK to my wife in Pakistan and she'll have to take all of them with her when she'll go for her biometric appointment or I have to post them to Sheffield after she has done her biometric appointment ?

Some help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
WAM.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: UK spouse VISA from Pakistan, URGENT. "Scanned at VAC or Post to Sheffield"

Have a look at this page: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...ed-in-pakistan

You take the documents with you only if you want to use the scanning service. Otherwise, you post them to Sheffield.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 8:31 am
Just Joined

poundworld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK spouse VISA from Pakistan, URGENT. "Scanned at VAC or Post to Sheffield"

I had the same issue myself initially as indicated on the gov.uk website where I applied.

My wife (applicant) went to her appointment at the VAC in Mirpur, Pakistan on the 13th Feb 2019 and they said that they do not scan it at the VAC but the sponsor has to send it to Sheffield from the UK.

So my wife sent them back to me recorded DHL so I could send them to Sheffield total nightmare.

The following week iv heard that the Gerry office is scanning peoples documents. (Not confirmed)

What VAC office is your wife going to go?
Old Feb 28th 2019, 8:36 am
Just Joined

If its Mirpur (Gerry) VAC get your wife to call them to confirm the number is: +92 58274 38001
Old Feb 28th 2019, 12:27 pm
wam
Forum Regular

wam is an unknown quantity at this point

She'll be going to Karachi VAC. I am ok with sending documents myself to Sheffield. Just wanted to know if this process has been discontinued or we can do both.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

If I was you id send your documents direct to Sheffield from the UK.

Just make sure you dont use Parcel Force at the Post Office, as they do not deliver to PO Boxes and it will get delayed getting to the correct place.

The address for sending supporting documents is:
UK Visas and Immigration International
Po Box 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX