UK spouse visa application - two jobs?

Old Jun 5th 2018, 9:39 am
Just Joined

snowbeard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse visa application - two jobs?

My soon to be wife (American) and I will be making her spouse visa application in a couple of months.

As her UK sponsor i'm sorting all my side of the docs and financial reqs.

My main salaried job is far in excess of the minimum req (£35k pa salary).

I also have an occasional part time job at a leisure facility, for which i'm paid hourly for occasional shifts, often only a few pounds a month, never more than £120 or so a month.

Do i need to declare or mention this second job? I don't want to be penalised for omitting it, but including it means a lot of extra paperwork when i already fulfil the financial visa reqs with my salaried job...and i fear it makes the financial part of the application more complex than it needs to be.

Any input appreciated, thanks!
Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

1jerusha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK spouse visa application - two jobs?

I've done an application recently and was in a similar position. I have 3 sources of income, but one is primary and sufficient to meet the financial requirement. I just listed that one. I felt that it was about providing evidence to show that you meet the financial requirement. If one of your jobs is sufficient, then that's what they need to know. It's not tax - i.e. you're not cheating by not giving them that info.

With that said, we haven't heard back on our application yet, so maybe that's not good advice! (It's not extremely delayed, so I'm sure it's nothing to do with the fact that I didn't list all my jobs!).
Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spouse visa application - two jobs?

There's no requirement to declare income/savings beyond what is necessary to meet the financial requirement. If your main job meets the financial requirement then you don't have to mention a second job.