Just Joined

Victor40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa - ALL supporting documents returned

Hi,

My wife has applied for a non-priority UK spouse visa from Chennai, India
Online application submitted - 22nd Feb 2018
Biometrics - 5th March 2018
Sponsor submitted supporting documents to Sheffield - 14th March 2018

After supporting documents submission - there was no acknowledgement of any kind to wife or sponsor saying documents received.

Supporting documents sent contained 2 folders, 1 folder containing all supporting evidence and 2nd folder was an exact duplicate of the 1 folder.

Today - 18th April - post from Sheffield has arrived which has ALL supporting documents returned with no other acknowledgement or letter in it or email to sponsor/wife.

I know somebody has looked at the documents, as Folder1 which contained the supporting evidence was sub-divided into multiple folders and has been returned in 1 sub-folder. The second duplicate folder does not seem to be looked at which is fine as that was a backup.

The online application form still says "Complete".

1. Does this indicate a problem with my supporting documentation?
2. Does this indicate a decision has been made?

I'm left clueless as to what happens next?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

regards.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 1:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - ALL supporting documents returned

UKVI appear to be storing all supporting documents electronically now. All that is likely to have happened is that the documents have been scanned and the application is awaiting assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, the lack of any communication before and upon return of documents has left me unsettled. I had mentally prepared to wait until the 31st of May which is 60 working days from biometrics for an answer.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

OK, absolute BS from my part earlier, apologies. There was a page hiding in plain sight which was a stock letter from UKVI thanking me for sending my supporting docs, its all normal process and I don't need to do anything else and if they need something they will email and also about applicant being informed about the decision in due course.

Being an emotive subject, I panicked too quickly. Sorry and Thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 8:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor40
OK, absolute BS from my part earlier, apologies. There was a page hiding in plain sight which was a stock letter from UKVI thanking me for sending my supporting docs, its all normal process and I don't need to do anything else and if they need something they will email and also about applicant being informed about the decision in due course.

Being an emotive subject, I panicked too quickly. Sorry and Thanks.
Don't be so hard on yourself, waiting for a visa decision is scary!
Old Jun 27th 2018, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Devon A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Victor40
Hi,

My wife has applied for a non-priority UK spouse visa from Chennai, India
Online application submitted - 22nd Feb 2018
Biometrics - 5th March 2018
Sponsor submitted supporting documents to Sheffield - 14th March 2018

After supporting documents submission - there was no acknowledgement of any kind to wife or sponsor saying documents received.

Supporting documents sent contained 2 folders, 1 folder containing all supporting evidence and 2nd folder was an exact duplicate of the 1 folder.

Today - 18th April - post from Sheffield has arrived which has ALL supporting documents returned with no other acknowledgement or letter in it or email to sponsor/wife.

I know somebody has looked at the documents, as Folder1 which contained the supporting evidence was sub-divided into multiple folders and has been returned in 1 sub-folder. The second duplicate folder does not seem to be looked at which is fine as that was a backup.

The online application form still says "Complete".

1. Does this indicate a problem with my supporting documentation?
2. Does this indicate a decision has been made?

I'm left clueless as to what happens next?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

regards.
Hi, we both got the same thing. Only problem was my passport photos were not taken. Did they take yours? What's the status of your application now? Thank you very much.