UK Spouse visa

Old May 17th 2015, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

usmanak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Spouse visa

Originally Posted by michali
When we applied at the beginning of last year, we put a date to travel just under three months ahead of our application, as the processing time was stated as being three months (but we got our decision in two months) We could not at that time choose a date more than three months ahead. I am not sure if that rule still applies. I spoke to a travel agent who was able to send me a printout of reservations for the date we had given but no payment was made.
Dear michali,
Thats interesting . Hearing it for the first time. Would u consider it an optional step or mandatory? Would they reject my application if i dont show them some proof in the form of ticket ? Should i also book a ticket and attach ? Please help
Old May 17th 2015, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure it is mandatory. Is it in the list of documents? I probably got the information from a forum. I always felt better to include too much than too little! Why not speak to a travel agent? They should be used to such requests.
Old May 18th 2015, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

I am not sure it is mandatory. Is it in the list of documents? I probably got the information from a forum. I always felt better to include too much than too little! Why not speak to a travel agent? They should be used to such requests.

Hi michali ,

Sorry for late reply. I have been reading on it a lot. What i have found out is, it is not required. Though its better if you just give them itinerary. It gives them idea that when are you planning to travel. So, i just saved an itinerary on travelocity and downloaded pdf . The only problem with that is it does not have my name on it. It just says one adult ticket. And i dont know how to insert my name there. And it also says that flight is not booked. But i dont have any other option. I hope that it doesnt cause the problem.
Old May 18th 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, that will be OK. They should understand that you cannot book a flight until you have your visa!
Old May 19th 2015, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Hopefully, that will be OK. They should understand that you cannot book a flight until you have your visa!
yeah hopefully. . Thanks once again for all the help u provided throughout . You really are an angel.
Old May 19th 2015, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

You are welcome. It is such a stressful process. Keep us updated please!
Old May 19th 2015, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

yeah, surely i will. It is a stressful process. U r right about that. Though its true that they have made it difficult for scammers but they must give some relaxation to original cases which currently they dont . A little mishap and they don't even bother to ask for it . They would simply reject it.
Old May 19th 2015, 8:42 am
Just Joined

ruqa.j93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all. I have a question that I hoping someone will help me out with. I'm a brit applying to sponser my husband to come to live with me in the uk. I want to know,reguarding the accommodation,is a room in my parents flat considered suitable? The have to bed rooms one for them and one my brothers but he's moving out. Can we pay the rooms rent if my parents house is on housing benefit? We also have a baby,will it be considered overcroweded? Help much appreciated,thank you.
Old May 20th 2015, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ruqa.j93
Hi to all. I have a question that I hoping someone will help me out with. I'm a brit applying to sponser my husband to come to live with me in the uk. I want to know,reguarding the accommodation,is a room in my parents flat considered suitable? The have to bed rooms one for them and one my brothers but he's moving out. Can we pay the rooms rent if my parents house is on housing benefit? We also have a baby,will it be considered overcroweded? Help much appreciated,thank you.
Dear ruqa,

You need to get a property inspection letter from some govt agency. Ask around, there are many in uk which will give you one. So, if your brother is moving out and you have a spare room then it should be fine for you and your husband. I am not really sure about the kid. But they also consider tv lounge and drawing room for living purposes. So, it should suffice. My spouse got the house inspected from this guy. I dont have any contact details.

Mike Butt
Consultant
Member of:
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
Chartered Institute of Housing

Remember, you also need a permission letter from your parents allowing you to live them rent free. That way you dont need to show any rent details.

I hope this helps.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Thanks to all who helped me during my application process. A special thanks to Michalli,. I got my visa few days ago. Really happy. Now, they have given me only 20 days to travel. Gotta make all arrangements for that. Thanks again.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Very good news! The new rule of traveling within thirty days of the visa being issued is challenging! All the best!