UK Spose Visa and co-habitat

Old May 3rd 2018, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

masterprince is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow UK Spose Visa and co-habitat

Hi All,

This is my first thread so I wish you all well and having fun

I need clarification and I am sure great people like you can help me out

I am on spouse visa and my wife is a British Citizen ( neutralized ) and we have a little baby boy 5 months old

I need clarification on Co-Habitat. We are here from past almost 2 years now but due to my mother in law health issue she needs someone to take care of her in her country non EU country. We tried to call her here but due to the fact that she is Asthma patient she was not able to live longer (cold weather) and had to return back within one month.

We planned if I send my wife to her mother will this jeopardies spouse visa status ? How long can my wife live outside UK in non EU country ?

You help is highly appreciated

Regards,
Avi
Old May 3rd 2018, 2:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spose Visa and co-habitat

If your wife is the British citizen then she can come and go as she pleases. However if you are on a spouse visa and your wife is spending the majority of her time outside the UK then that may jeopardise your ability to renew your visa.
Old May 3rd 2018, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

masterprince is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank Brit ... How long can she stay outside the UK ? so that we can work it out to come in and go back
Old May 3rd 2018, 2:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masterprince
Thank Brit ... How long can she stay outside the UK ? so that we can work it out to come in and go back
There won't be a hard and fast rule but I would be aiming to spend the majority of her time in the UK, so 183 days or more in any given twelve month period.
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masterprince
I am on spouse visa and my wife is a British Citizen ( neutralized ) and we have a little baby boy 5 months old

Avi,

Another important point is to apply for your 5 month old child's British passport. This process can take a while. You don't want to be given your spouse visa following a successful application, but still waiting for the little one's British passport.
Old May 3rd 2018, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by HKG3
Avi,

Another important point is to apply for your 5 month old child's British passport. This process can take a while. You don't want to be given your spouse visa following a successful application, but still waiting for the little one's British passport.
i think the OP is already in the UK and his son was born there.