UK Police Record

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 9:20 pm
Sheedys Left Fo

Default UK Police Record

Anyone know how long they are taking to process ? Mines been 4 weeks now.

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 10:20 pm
L D Jones

Default Re: UK Police Record

sheedys left foot wrote:
    >
    > Anyone know how long they are taking to process ? Mines been 4 weeks now.

I've read here several times that "they" are required to process it within 40 days
(don't know whether this is working days or not). I don't actually know which
agency does it.

Old Jul 24th 2002, 5:20 am
Telman.8

"L D Jones" <"in#$&&_valid"@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > sheedys left foot wrote:
    > >
    > > Anyone know how long they are taking to process ? Mines been 4 weeks
now.
    >
    > I've read here several times that "they" are required to process it within 40 days
    > (don't know whether this is working days or not). I don't actually know which
    > agency does it.

The Data Protection Act which refers to these things requires that the Police
authorities (it doesn't matter which one) must supply the information within 40 days.
So far as I am aware it does not state that this is 40 working days and, therefore,
it does not entitle the Police authorities to interpret it that way.

From recent postings it seems that these certificates are taking the best part of the
40 days to sort out, although some do arrive more quickly than others. It also seems
that if a certificate is required urgently the Police will respond to such a request.
However, in fairness to all the other applicants for Police certificates (emigration
is only one reason they are required), one should not seek to jump the queue unless
it really is essential. 40 days isn't that bad - just over a month.

Telman

Old Jul 24th 2002, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point

The certificate is produced by Scotland Yard, but the request will have been forwarded there by your own local police force, and here is where the delays may occur. Some forces are better than others at actioning the requests and forwarding them.

Which is your local force, some will write to you and tell you that they have forwarded it, my local force was Humberside and I got a letter about five days after sending the form and the cert. was with me after about another 10 days
Old Jul 24th 2002, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

It won't do you any harm to contact your local police force, which is presumably where got the form from.
If you get to the stage of having to send in your OF-169, there
is no reason why you can't phone them, to explain that your interview is imminent, they seem to respond quite quickly to that
sort of request.
It certainly worked for myself and daughter and we recieved them within a couple of days of phoning.
So that you know, if the document you receive has blue stripes on the top and bottom, that is the form the Embassy require.

Good luck
Old Jul 24th 2002, 10:20 am
S.M.

My police certificate from Scotland Yard timeline: Sent 16th May Recieved 26th June

so 6 weeks

S.M.