UK Police from outside UK

Old Oct 21st 2004, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future
Default UK Police from outside UK

First, thanks Sibsie for your help yesterday. I breathed much easier after your PMs!

Secondly, you don't use either the 3019A or 3019B.

I decided to mail Manchester Police and find out exactly what the proceedure was. You can imagine my face when I received a mail back from them in a couple of hours!!! They included full instructions, and two attachments .. the foreign application letter and form 815, which is a slightly longer version.

Of course I also mailed the british consulate here in Palma to inform them that everything they had told me was false and to advise them what they SHOULD be telling anyone else in my position !!!

The file is slowly getting fatter! Jill
Old Oct 21st 2004, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK Police from outside UK

Oh .. and ...

Received NOA1 for 129F and still haven't received confirmation of delivery for 129F from USPS !! My H is NOT pleased!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 7:12 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gigiola
They included full instructions, and two attachments .. the foreign application letter and form 815, which is a slightly longer version.
Glad to hear you're ploughing through it. My police cert was with the Met and they just have the standard application if you're applying from overseas.

Amazingly for Spain, the Spanish police cert was really straightforward and very quick.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 7:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
Glad to hear you're ploughing through it. My police cert was with the Met and they just have the standard application if you're applying from overseas.

Amazingly for Spain, the Spanish police cert was really straightforward and very quick.
Interesting, because we went through the same thing and had to get someone in the UK to write a cheque (hey, it was the UK) for us and were given special permission to send copies of passport etc for ID.

Greece's cert was too easy also... we actually could order it over the phone!

Gigi, maybe you should write up a new procedure for the FAQ on how to get the UK cert whilst overseas? It could be your lasting legacy!!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

"Gigi, maybe you should write up a new procedure for the FAQ on how to get the UK cert whilst overseas? It could be your lasting legacy!!"

Ummm .. how do I do that?

There's a date on the ref for this form 03/2004 so that might be why you did something different, Sibsie.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

"Gigi, maybe you should write up a new procedure for the FAQ on how to get the UK cert whilst overseas? It could be your lasting legacy!!"

Ummm .. how do I do that?
Write up what you did, outlined as instruction that someone else could follow, post it here for comment & we'll submit to the FAQ keeper
You know, procedure, numbers you called, how you paid... all the hard parts.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

lololol .. ok .. will do tomorrow!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 10:19 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Interesting, because we went through the same thing and had to get someone in the UK to write a cheque (hey, it was the UK) for us and were given special permission to send copies of passport etc for ID.
When I applied for mine back in Jan this year, I had to get my father to do the cheque for me as it could only be a sterling cheque. They were insistant that the docs sent as ID were originals. In the end I got mine notarised by the British Consulate which they reluctantly accepted.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

When I was last in UK (10 days ago) I went to my local village station. They, of course, knew nothing but called up someone in Manchester who, at the time, confused me further! But, he DID say that they would take notorized copies and that my bank could notorize.

Perhaps I ought to write this up when I've got the certificate in my hands!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 10:45 pm
C.G.D.S

But, he DID say that they would take notorized copies and that my bank could notorize.

Perhaps I ought to write this up when I've got the certificate in my hands!
It does vary a bit from force to force but the Met police wanted a translation with the notarised copies and they wanted that translation notarised. That notarisation would have to have been translated and I'd have ended up with a whole chain of notarisations and translations! The British consulate was way easier!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 10:52 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

lololol .. ok .. will do tomorrow!
Please do!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

That notarisation would have to have been translated and I'd have ended up with a whole chain of notarisations and translations! The British consulate was way easier![/QUOTE]

lolol ... What I've always done up to now is to prepared the notorization myself in english and just get the bank to sign where I say!

I write something like:

This is to certify that this is a true copy of the original "passport, birthcertificate etc" that was presented to me on (date).
Name
Position
Name, address and telephone number of bank
DNI
Signature
Bank Stamp

We'll find out soon enough if I'm wrong as I've just mailed them again to ask if this will be sufficient, and also to ask what someone who doesn't have a UK checking account should do.

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Please do!!!
UK POLICE REPORT

Went to “greater Manchester police� on search
Followed link for Freedom of information

Mail was [email protected] which will only apply to Manchester. I wrote explaining why I needed the information, gave them my full name, last address in UK, address here and mail addy.
Return mail from them within a couple of hours with two attachments:

Foreign Application Letter.doc
Form 815 (03.2003).pdf

Both these files are too large to allow me to link???

I only filled out the first two sections of the form requesting PNC conviction history and ticked the box "computer information". (Hope I'm right here but the 3rd section asks you for details about any offence or incident you are looking for, and I have no details to give them!!!)

Had photocopies of birth certificate and passport certified at bank here. Form has to be signed by someone who has known you for at least one year. I used same lady at bank.

Wrote out cheque for 10 GBP and sent to address on form and voila! (I hope!)
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 10:36 am
C.G.D.S

and also to ask what someone who doesn't have a UK checking account should do.

I asked the Met that and they said there was nothing they could do about it. The only option would be to speak to your bank and see if they have a recriprocal bank in the UK. It has to be drawn on a UK account and not just a cheque in sterling. They don't make it easy do they!
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

...I decided to mail Manchester Police and find out exactly what the proceedure was. You can imagine my face when I received a mail back from them in a couple of hours!!!...
I got the same stellar treatment from Greater Manchester police. I called them on the phone, spoke to a very nice lady who took down my email address and emailed me the forms in about 10 minutes. I was extremely impressed. Really really impressed.

But yes, actually getting all the stuff together was a chore. I could tell my doctor was not impressed when I rocked up wanting him to sign a form; but you do what you have to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.