UK police crearance quesiton

Old Aug 25th 2003, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Libbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK police crearance quesiton

Hello,

Is it true that you aren't supposed to open the envelope with the UK police clearance once it arrives?

When I applied for a clearance, a policeman told me not to open the envelope, otherwise I will have to apply for a new one. Now I received an envelope with what I suspect is a clearance. Without opening it, have to wonder that it's actually a clearance inside it and not something else...

Did you open yours?

Thank you!
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:02 pm
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK police crearance quesiton

Originally posted by Libbee
Hello,
Hi Libbee - welcome.
Is it true that you aren't supposed to open the envelope with the UK police clearance once it arrives?
Total, utter and complete rubbish.
When I applied for a clearance, a policeman told me not to open the envelope, otherwise I will have to apply for a new one.
That copper doesn't have any idea what he is talking about. False authority syndrome in action as usual.
Now I received an envelope with what I suspect is a clearance. Without opening it, have to wonder that it's actually a clearance inside it and not something else...

Did you open yours?
Damn right I did!

If that had been said to me then I would have made an official complaint to the station where that particular officer is based and had him corrected on this matter immediately and copied the letter of complaint to the police authority's data protection officer.

The best reason to open the envelope is to make sure the information is correct and that they actually managed to spell your name properly. Others have posted here today saying that they had to obtain replacements because their name was incorrectly spelled.

Don't even think about it.

Good luck - Tim
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Libbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much, Tim!

Actually, one thing that surprised me when I got the envelope was that there was a mistake on it: they got the number of my flat wrong...
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:12 pm
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Libbee
Thank you very much, Tim!

Actually, one thing that surprised me when I got the envelope was that there was a mistake on it: they got the number of my flat wrong...
You're welcome. Well exactly!
Old Aug 25th 2003, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

U need to open it as u have to send of to each court that u had a conviction at for a court extract. These cost £ 8 per offence. Assuming u have any that is.